Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarez Makes Statement, Knocks Sergey Kovalev Out in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping I get to see this one, been on vacation all week and next week as well. Definitely going to miss the NXTGEN card in Cardiff, hopefully I can find a bar with this and the HBO card though

Comment

Breaking:
      Kovalev : 174lbs ....
      Alvarez: 174.4 lbs...

Comment

It would be cool if after the weekend we got news that the WBSS 3rd division was LHW and the 2 winners were joining up.

We won't of course, but still.

Comment

Kovalevs height is not correct.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            ugh, my stupid ****ing brother is having his wedding Saturday night.
            What a dummy.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
              Absolutely no buzz for Kov and Bivol fights this weekend

Even though Both decent fights and great for HBO standards

HBO seems content to just rot and slip into boxing obscurity
              Kovalev has never been a seller guy has zero personality.

Bivol i like I think he’ll end up being the class of the division and enjoy seeing him fight but neither guy will ever be a star for hbo so they really don’t care to promote them unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                Kovalev has never been a seller guy has zero personality.

Bivol i like I think he’ll end up being the class of the division and enjoy seeing him fight but neither guy will ever be a star for hbo so they really don’t care to promote them unfortunately.
                Agree Kovalev love him hate him is a great road warrior but can’t draw flies to sh.it

Bivol looks like the goods and if things go according to plan you’d think there’s a eventual Kov / Bivol fight sometime in the near future

Agree Neither will be stars but Kov is probably HBOs 3rd biggest name attached to the network and the fights tomorrow and even on a boxing forum which I assume has mostly hardcore boxing fans nobody even gives a sh.it and this isn’t even a bad card for the crap HBO been putting on this is about as good as it gets

But it seems like there’s absolutely zero interest in these fights. There’s more comments about retired fighters likenMayweather saying he’d advise PAC or Ward doing commentary on ESPN then people talking about these fights.

That’s f.ucked up

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                  Absolutely no buzz for Kov and Bivol fights this weekend

Even though Both decent fights and great for HBO standards

HBO seems content to just rot and slip into boxing obscurity
                  HBO has no idea how to even market boxing anymore. This weekend is a great double header card for the LHW division (likely the best card HBO has had in a year) and the only people who will be watching it are the already die hard boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    HBO has no idea how to even market boxing anymore. This weekend is a great double header card for the LHW division (likely the best card HBO has had in a year) and the only people who will be watching it are the already die hard boxing fans.
                    I think they know how, but for whatever reason the executives are just not interested in siphoning money into boxing events and coverage anymore — they want a couple big PPV fights a year for the money, and some smaller fights like this to appease people who have HBO because they love boxing — they don’t want to lose those subscribers altogether.

They’re doing very little to promote new fighters, up and comers etc., so I don’t see how they’re doing anything but setting themselves up to eventually can HBO boxing or relegate it to 1 or 2 fights a year. In terms of turning things around I don’t think it’s a matter of can’t, though, it’s a matter of won’t. They have decades of being one of the top dogs in boxing, they have all the infrastructure, money, subscribers...

Comment

Not sure where i can watch this tonight in the uk ��

Comment

Working...
                      X