No announcement yet.

"He not ready" doe: Fury early betting favorite against Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't write off Fury being ready.

It's not like he ever really kept in shape between fights anyway or took care of himself that much. He always lost a fair bit of weight for fights. Definitely nowhere near what he has lost recently, he was basically obese but still, he looks much better in this camp, a lot like his old self. He's still in his 20's, he isn't injury prone, never really been in any wars in the ring. Barely any miles on the clock in that respect.

I know he's been living it up and was really fat, but it's not like he's a retired fighter in his mid 30's trying to make a comeback after a long career of wars or injuries and not living the life i.e Haye and Hatton

Taking all that into account, i think he could still have a lot left. He's young enough to turn it around.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      Bookies are way wrong sometimes

This is one of those times
      And Bovada has Povektin at 10-1??!!??
      I’m sorry but I’m putting some bread on that. Povektin is old, but he’s still very dangerous & slick. Price only scored the knockdown because Pov didn’t take him seriously in the ring

Comment

Fury beat a tentative Wlad who was used to being the physically superior fighter with the better jab. Wilder will not be afraid to throw his right hand and make Fury work. I really expect Wilder to knock Fury out even if its the best version of Fury.

Comment

It is worth trying to understand the bookies point of view... odds will change as the fight date changes, but they don't give free money away in the meantime, if one can place that bet someone is doing something that is catching the betting sharks attention. Its too early to try to snooker in the ****** money.

I have a lot of confidence in Fury and maybe his youth is guiding him down a primrose path. Lets keep in mind that Fury aways had good wind/endurance, came up and developed great instincts in the ring, has knowledgable people to guide his strategy.

Maybe the bookies think that to stay away from Wilder's one hand is not hard for a heavyweight that moves as well as Fury to accomplish. Fury knows how to score with his jab as well, and despite recent developments maybe the bookies feel Wilder's jab is not enough to threaten Fury back. After all Fury will have reach. Has Wilder dealt with that kind of reach?

It almost makes sense when you look at it this way lol. Lets remember that if Fury starts going off the reservation those odds will change quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
            As per Sky Bet, Fury is surprisingly a -150 betting favorite while the more active Wilder, who has fought four times in the last two years, is a +110 underdog.

https://www.ibtimes.com/betting-odds...-fight-2704172

recent Fury camp pics

That is a UK betting place. Wilder is a -110 betting favorite at betting places outside of the UK.

Comment

Hopefully the odds stays like that, I would put a massive punt on Wilder. Since he isn’t known quite well in the U.K. the casuals would put their money on Fury. Great for people who actually follow boxing.

Comment

I have no idea what the poms seen in Furys last fight to want to bet on him to beat Wilder.
                These poms must have money to burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                  so AJ turned down $50 million guaranteed against a "bum"??

your post only makes AJ look bad.

why not pick up the last belt from that bum and become undisputed?

ask Eddie ***** himself. he'll tell you Wilder is no bum.
                  The biggest fight in wilders caeer is wating for him on shirleys table for april .....15 milllion and its a real legit figure not some 50 million pie in the sky from from willy wonka's factory that wilders team never actually proved was real.
                  Wilder needs to sign the april fight son

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post
                    Tyson Fury physically and mentally is a very special

He is the greatest heavyweight of all time. He justs pip or draws level with Ali.

You'll all see by the end of 2019 after he has easy wins over Wilder and AJ.

Schooling. absolute schooling.

Extremely special.
                    special needs ? Gtfoh lol

Comment

Not surprising, a lot of people lost money betting against him in the Wlad fight, lesson learned

Comment

Working...
                      X