Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Fury Fight Nearly Done; 'Way Bigger' Than Joshua Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is really making AJ and Hearn look like punks. The fans know it as well, the tickets for the Povetkin fight are way slower than previous fights. Hearn is going to have to try really hard to spin this one.

Credit to Fury and Wilder for stepping up.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
      Man, do you guys think this fight should be in US or UK? I actually think it should be in the UK but those Europeans do travel for their people so it may still be a packed house.
      Fury has no fans. Not even casuals. Thats what happens when you take 3 years out trying to eat yourself to death. You get forgotten.

Comment

He's right, if this fight gets made and he wins, looks horrible for the Joshua camp. And solidifies a 50/50 split

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          "Wilder isn’t worried, either, that he’ll be criticized for facing Fury in just the third bout of his comeback from a 2½-year layoff that followed his upset of Klitschko (64-5, 53 KOs)."

He shouldn't be worried. Joshua fought an older man (Wlad: 41, Fury: 29), coming off a 2 yr. layoff, and coming off a loss to Fury, without any tune-up bouts in between!
          Difference is Wladimir was a model professional that was incredibly disciplined and fighting fight at all times... let’s not also forget that the only reason he was that inactive was because Fury pulled out of their fight, at a stage where he would have already been in camp.

Fury on the other hand took years off, ballooned to obesity and continually sounded and acted as if he was off of his head at most times.

Not remotely comparable situations.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthooklead View Post
            This is really making AJ and Hearn look like punks. The fans know it as well, the tickets for the Povetkin fight are way slower than previous fights. Hearn is going to have to try really hard to spin this one.

Credit to Fury and Wilder for stepping up.
            Agreed. Hearn is too greedy. How funny would it be should Povetkin beat Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by SeGoodland View Post
              Don't get me wrong, I want to see an entertaining fight. A knockdown each would be nice but I will go the other way

Is this matchup going to expose Wilder's weaknesses and vice versa? It could really work in AJ's favour.
              I agree, I like Fury and he is capable of outboxing anyone on his day I just believe his chin can not hold up to the fire power of the top heavyweights if they were to catch him on the button. Granted he got up against Steve Cunningham but my main reason I feel his chin is suspect is this...... Everyone accepts Tyson is not a big puncher and most accept he will not knockout a top heavyweight with his pillowfisted punches but when he uppercutted himself he look very dazed which was worrying as he doesn’t punch hard. No jokes aside it will be a great fight regardless of the outcome

Comment

Some of the responses on here say that this article is pure truth! Hilarious. What makes it even better is that its coming from people who say that AJ fans swallow whatever Eddie Hearn says.

Double standards when it comes to both Wilder and Fury. True Champions!?....not a chance! Tyson Fury was investigated and given a drugs ban which was only backdated because the UKAD were worried that Fury would sue them and bankrupt them because he potentially had more money than them. (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/41899478)

Do you know why people liked the Klitschko's? Because they acted like a Champion by being an example to follow. Fury is a great fighter but he is a disgrace to the sport outside of the ring.

If the entire UK was 'embarrassed' (Which I wasn't) because AJ/Wilder fight didn't happen then I have no words for the level of embarrassment I feel for Wilder fans thinking that Fury is a true or better champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
                  Difference is Wladimir was a model professional that was incredibly disciplined and fighting fight at all times... let’s not also forget that the only reason he was that inactive was because Fury pulled out of their fight, at a stage where he would have already been in camp.

Fury on the other hand took years off, ballooned to obesity and continually sounded and acted as if he was off of his head at most times.

Not remotely comparable situations.
                  What's not comparable is that Wlad was 41, and Fury is 29! At 29, with three training camps under his belt, Fury might not be the guy that beat Wlad, but he would beat Takam and Parker!

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                    I agree, I like Fury and he is capable of outboxing anyone on his day I just believe his chin can not hold up to the fire power of the top heavyweights if they were to catch him on the button. Granted he got up against Steve Cunningham but my main reason I feel his chin is suspect is this...... Everyone accepts Tyson is not a big puncher and most accept he will not knockout a top heavyweight with his pillowfisted punches but when he uppercutted himself he look very dazed which was worrying as he doesn’t punch hard. No jokes aside it will be a great fight regardless of the outcome
                    Yeah good summary, I agree. The Cunningham knockdown did show a weakness...I'm sure he will deny it.

There is no denying that Wilder has that knockout power but Dr Steelhammer had that too and Fury confused the hell out of him, enough that he couldn't get any kind of foothold so it will be interesting to see if he does the same kind of thing. We have seen how unbalanced Wilder can be when 'lunging' for punches so that could be the mistake Fury needs to capitalise.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      What's not comparable is that Wlad was 41, and Fury is 29! At 29, with three training camps under his belt, Fury might not be the guy that beat Wlad, but he would beat Takam and Parker!
                      You don’t know that he would beat Parker or Takam at all. That joke of a Seferi fight has shown us nothing with regards to how Fury is since his binge.

PS: Can guarantee that Wlad at 41 is a much healthier and fitter person than Tyson Fury at 29. When you abuse your body like Fury has then it shows.

Comment

Working...
                      X