• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse Makes Decision To Retire From Boxing

Via his Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl9ecGRg...casmatthysse29

IG | lucasmatthysse29

"Gracias al boxeo mi vida cambió .orgulloso de la carrera que pude a ser saliendo un día desde Trelew Chubut gracias a huinca Méndez x tenerme toda la pasiencia mi creador con el en pese a los 11 y los 14 x cosa de l vida me fui a vivir a esperanza fe y de hay a Rafaela un año con Luis artigas entrenador haciendo algunas peleas y de hay a Vera Santa Fe a La casa de otra gran familia que me dio todo Juan keler entrenador y después 4 año y medio al la selección argentina de box donde fue muy duro pero bueno de recordar en mi vida a todos los pibes que conocí y tremendos boxeadores representado a argentina con buenos y malos resultado pero gran experiencia en mi vida que voy a recordar siempre . Me vine para Trelew con 21 años ya a Trelew y forme mi familia y decidí irme nuevamente a Junin donde pase 11 años de mi carrera con el gran Cuty barrera hoy con 35 años nuevamente en Trelew mi lugar en en mundo . Orgulloso de a verme mantenido 10 años en el primer nivel mundial donde pelee con los mejores del boxeo lo más alto que aspire cumplí mi sueño de ser campeón mundial y a ver vivido todo esto muchísimas gracias a mi familia x estar siempre a mi vieja en especial que pasamos muchas cosas y la e echo sufrir tanto x que también tuve mi parte mala pero siempre estuvo. Gracias a todos los que me siguieron en mi carrera x todo su cariño que es lo mas lindo de esto el boxeo un lindo ambiente. Hoy decido colgar los guantes se viene otra etapa en mi vida . de Trelew Chubut argentina Lucas Martin Matthysse orgulloso de a ver representado a mi provincia mi país mi barrio ������ ME RETIRO DEL BOXEO 1-8-2018"

Rough translation …

Thanks to boxing my life changed. Proud of the race that I could be leaving one day from Trelew Chubut thanks to huinca Méndez x to have all the experience my creator with him in spite of the 11 and the 14 x thing of l life I went to live to hope faith and there is Rafaela a year with Luis artigas coach doing some fights and there is Vera Santa Fe to the house of another great family that gave me everything Juan keler coach and after 4 and a half years to the Argentine national team box where it was very hard but good to remember in my life all the kids I met and tremendous boxers represented Argentina with good and bad results but great experience in my life that I will always remember. I came to Trelew with 21 years old and Trelew and my family and decided to go back to Junin where I spent 11 years of my career with the great Cuty barrier today with 35 years again in Trelew my place in the world. Proud to see me maintained 10 years in the first world level where I fought with the best in boxing as high as I aspire fulfilled my dream of being a world champion and to see all this lived a lot of thanks to my family x always be my old woman especially We spent many things and I suffered so much x that I also had my bad part but it was always. Thanks to all those who followed me in my career x all their love that is the most beautiful of this boxing a nice environment. Today I decide to hang up the gloves another stage in my life is coming. from Trelew Chubut argentina Lucas Martin Matthysse proud to see my province represented my country my neighborhood I RETIRE BOXING 1-8-2018

Comment

Good. Sayonara.

Comment

Good for him. He was shot and had a cracked chin at this point anyway. You could tell he was already probably pretty close during the Postol fight. Happy he got himself a nice payday before retiring.

Comment

Thank for the memories “ boogeyman “ you can go be Maidana’s driver now.

Comment

Enjoy retirement Lucas.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse Makes Decision To Retire From Boxing

Last month in Malaysia, Lucas Matthysse (39-5, 36 KOs) took a beating while fighting a comebacking Manny Pacquiao. Matthysse, 35-years-old, went down three times before the contest was finally waved off in the seventh round. The big puncher from Argentina was making the first defense of the WBA "regular" welterweight title that he captured back in January.
              [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

His version of Maidana's floyd money.

Comment

Who didn't see this coming?

Comment

Originally posted by NapalmPapi View Post
                    His version of Maidana's floyd money.
                    How much did maidana make against Floyd? 2m a fight?

Anyways happy retirement Matthysse! Quite a bad ending for a guy so rooted for here in NSB during his prime days.

Comment

Working...
                    X