Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse Makes Decision To Retire From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NapalmPapi View Post

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-both-fighters
    Thanks! So I was right Bradley made more against Pac in 1 fight than Maidana in 2 against Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
      Thanks! So I was right Bradley made more against Pac in 1 fight than Maidana in 2 against Floyd
      Maidana likely made a lot more off the back end this was just his guaranteed money.

Comment

Even though he's never really hit the top level, he's had a decent career overall. There was no ignoring the writing on the wall, though, he's been in sharp decline for the past couple of years now. Hope he can enjoy his retirement.

Comment

Thank you warrior, enjoy.

Comment

Respect, Lucas. Enjoy your retirement!

Comment

Originally posted by NapalmPapi View Post

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-both-fighters

... "Marcos Maidana, will earn a minimum payout of $3 million, doubling his guarantee for Mayweather vs Maidana 1 in May. But don't feel bad for Maidana because he collected royalties from Argentine television rights as well as an additional $1.5 million for adhering to Mayweather's last-minute request when the camps disagreed on what type of gloves the Argentine would wear." ...

Comment

He was never really the same after Danny Garcia beat him.

Comment

Sucks that he was chasing Danny Garcia so hard that he passed on the opportunity to fight for the IBF title vs Peterson. That was the ONLY time he beat an actual current title holder and he didn’t even get the belt because he essentially refused it. Lost every other world title match he was ever in, thus retiring without being considered a former world champ.

Lucas gave us some great fights early in his career and I wish him the best.

Comment

Always good to see a fighter hang them up when the time is right.

I always rooted for Lucas after watching him going over to America kind of unknown and IMO being a little unlucky on the cards in a couple of early fights.
                    I enjoyed watching his KO's and he was a part of some exciting fights.

I was glad to see him finally gets his hands on a world title albeit a regular title. Especially after the way the Peterson fight panned out.

Enjoy your retirement

Comment

Good call. His style isn't suited for longevity. However, I'm sure he could still beat a lot of people he would face.

Comment

Working...
                      X