Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Spence given a pass for being a colossal weight bully?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post

He states that its hard multiple times. Of course he has to be disciplined because its difficult that's a given. A no point should anyone say its easy for him to make 147 when the man isn't saying it himself.
    Yeah, I saw that video. Fighters say a lot of things, especially in high pressure instances like before the Brook fight. The context for that video and quote is Errol responding to folks who were already making built in excuses for Kell having to go to 147 after fighting once at 160 (as if not having to cut all the way down to 147 once was some great handicap Kell had). So of course Errol is going to try and naysay some of that by explaining how hard it is for him too.

This is Errol earlier this year. Go to about the one minute mark and you will hear him say what I told you he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
      This^^^^

If he is a weight bully he is holding the wrong belt for it as the IBF are the only ones with a second day weight limit
      Great point!

Comment

Spence will look like a zombie at weigh-in in his next fight, mark my word.
        He's probably just 2 fights away from moving up to 154.

Comment

Let me know when he misses 147.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            won his belts off of kell brook, one of the biggest WW since josh clottey and mike jones.
            I agree. That's why i mentioned him. When Brook moved up to 160 he looked right at home. Unlike the obvious size difference when DLH faced Hopkins (and that was a 157 catchweight.)

Comment

Garcia will make it interesting early but I think he gets dropped by a body shot or two somewhere between 8-10.

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                I agree. That's why i mentioned him. When Brook moved up to 160 he looked right at home. Unlike the obvious size difference when DLH faced Hopkins (and that was a 157 catchweight.)

so how is he a weight bully?

garcia is not his typical opponent. he headlined staples center and he's on the pound for pound list. the fight will be on PPV. that's why that fight is probably being made.

Comment

Spence is a welterweight. He doesn't look huge to me, but then I'm not a malnourished crack baby. However, he did talk about moving up at some point, which I'm pretty sure he will. I don't know too many Americans who like to camp.

With that being said, moving up before fighting Thurman and/or Crawford would be idiotic.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    so how is he a weight bully?

garcia is not his typical opponent. he headlined staples center and he's on the pound for pound list. the fight will be on PPV. that's why that fight is probably being made.

Well the link i posted shows you Spence call himself a weight bully.. . so there's that

Comment

I like Spence as well. If it makes you feel any better history shows us that if a guy is getting by on being able to make weight and dwarf his opponents his body eventually stops allowing it and the guys last several years turn into comedy. History is full of those guys. Look at Chavez Jr and Broner as recent examples. Once the size advantage is gone their left with very little.

Comment

Working...
                      X