Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Spence given a pass for being a colossal weight bully?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikey "G"arcia said no catchweight for potential Spence fight.

Comment

won his belts off of kell brook, one of the biggest WW since josh clottey and mike jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
        Mikey "G"arcia said no catchweight for potential Spence fight.

garcia would be in way over his head, but it's going to be a gunfight. that fight would deliver in a big way.

Comment

I applaud Mikey for challenging Spence.
          Armstrong fought in between 3 division and Robinson fought the feared LaMotta at middleweight as a welter!

Neither Spence or Mikey have a high rate of punches so this could get technical and become a chess match easily.
          Mikey will give away 10 to 12 pounds!

Spence - 161
          Garcia - 151

Not bad, he'll be working with middleweights in the gym.

Ray

Comment

If he loses, it will look even worse because people will give credit to the guy who was 15-20lbs. lighter than he was on the night of the fight.

It's not different from Floyd/Maidana or Floyd/Baldomir.

Why am I bringing up Floyd?

All boxing conversations lead back to Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by ThelronMike View Post
              as long as he can comfortably make weight, I see no problem. I DO have a problem with him fighting Mikey though. The public is going to chew him out for this.
              Mikey is calling him out loud clear and often. Why should Spence turn that fight down? It would make him look like he feared Mikey's challenge. Spence has trouble getting top guys to fight him. Why should he turn down a big money fight with Mikey who has won a world title at 140? Too bad for those who don't like the fight. They will get over it. If Spence KOs Mikey with ease then he will be rated higher than Mikey PFP even if he is the bigger man.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                I applaud Mikey for challenging Spence.
                Armstrong fought in between 3 division and Robinson fought the feared LaMotta at middleweight as a welter!

Neither Spence or Mikey have a high rate of punches so this could get technical and become a chess match easily.
                Mikey will give away 10 to 12 pounds!

Spence - 161
                Garcia - 151

Not bad, he'll be working with middleweights in the gym.

Ray
                You know boxing history and many on here don't. They think a welterweight champ fighting a lightweight champ is an unforgivable sin. Spence weighed 156 pounds on fight night last fight if I remember correctly. I know he was in the 150s which is just an average weight gain. Mikey weighed 149 on fight night for Easter. Spence has a much higher punch average per round than Mikey and well above the welterweight average. If they fight I think he will destroy Mikey. It won't be close and it won't last long.

Comment

no such thing as being a weight bully, Its always been the point to try to have the size advantage and be the bigger guy.

Comment

Originally posted by adotd View Post
                    Because he makes weight...
                    This^^^^

If he is a weight bully he is holding the wrong belt for it as the IBF are the only ones with a second day weight limit

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
                      He'll be struggling to make weight in no time doe, don't worry.
                      Did you see how fat he is last night?
                      Soon he'll be forced to fight his own size like Hurd, Charlo, Lara, etc.
                      There's also Mungia, another fight with Brook, Smith, etc.
                      Those guys are not his size though. All of them could/should move up to 160 asap. They look like SMW at fight night and would make Spence look small.

A weight bully struggle to make the weight, that's not the case with Spence. Spence makes 147 easily so I have no problemwith him staying at 147.
                      Last edited by VatoMulatto; 07-29-2018, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X