Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia vs. Robert Easter - LIVE BoxingScene Scorecard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to Mikey Garcia on a spirited victory. I thought he showed why he is one the best p4p fighters in the world today. I thought he displayed a lot of poise, focus nd discipline in the ring tonight.

As far as Robert Easter concerned, he had a good strategy of sticking and moving. I thought he gave a good accounting of himself despite being an overmatched opponent. He exceeded my expectations and more than held his own against Mikey Garcia.

After winning the early rounds, he just got fatigued. Perhaps it was due from all the movement and lack of conditioning as he began eating flush shots from Mikey while on the ropes. Outside of the knockdown he was never really hurt in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      Congratulations to Mikey Garcia on a spirited victory. I thought he showed why he is one the best p4p fighters in the world today. I thought he displayed a lot of poise, focus nd discipline in the ring tonight.

As far as Robert Easter concerned, he had a good strategy of sticking and moving. I thought he gave a good accounting of himself despite being an overmatched opponent. He exceeded my expectations and more than held his own against Mikey Garcia.

After winning the early rounds, he just got fatigued. Perhaps it was due from all the movement and lack of conditioning as he began eating flush shots from Mikey while on the ropes. Outside of the knockdown he was never really hurt in the fight.
      Great post. However, I have to disagree with your last point. The 9th round shut Easter down. They exchanged big shots, but Mikey landed a huge body shot that nearly crippled Easter.

By the closing seconds of the 9th, Garcia hit him with the same body shot and took the last bit of wind out of Easter. He almost got mowed down in the 10th.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
        Great post. However, I have to disagree with your last point. The 9th round shut Easter down. They exchanged big shots, but Mikey landed a huge body shot that nearly crippled Easter.

By the closing seconds of the 9th, Garcia hit him with the same body shot and took the last bit of wind out of Easter. He almost got mowed down in the 10th.
        Thanks and yeah, I think you are right. He stopped throwing punches after that and then just went into survival mode. However he did display of ton of heart and fought a very smart fight. I was amazed how he lasted the distance because I predicted he would lose by TKO stoppage.

Comment

Couldn’t KO this Skeletor.....and he wants Spence? lol....calm down.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            Thanks and yeah, I think you are right. He stopped throwing punches after that and then just went into survival mode. However he did display of ton of heart and fought a very smart fight. I was amazed how he lasted the distance because I predicted he would lose by TKO stoppage.
            Right, gotta give Easter credit for sticking it out for a whole 12 rounds.

Stuff like this makes you wanna give Broner credit for lasting 12 rounds.

In addition, I gave Broner full credit for his fight with Maidana, though he lost. Most men would've been canned by Maidana, had those same shots landed on them.

Easter has some work to do and I hope isn't discouraged by this loss. He still has time to improve. Garcia's a tough outing for most guys.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
              Right, gotta give Easter credit for sticking it out for a whole 12 rounds.

Stuff like this makes you wanna give Broner credit for lasting 12 rounds.

In addition, I gave Broner full credit for his fight with Maidana, though he lost. Most men would've been canned by Maidana, had those same shots landed on them.

Easter has some work to do and I hope isn't discouraged by this loss. He still has time to improve. Garcia's a tough outing for most guys.
              I absolutely agree and the main thing he will be able to fight another day because he wasn't in any real serious trouble or hurt by Garcia just mostly outclassed. That was my greatest concern going into this fight that Mikey may ruin this kid. Thank God he didn't.

Comment

Working...
              X