No announcement yet.

Why did Tim Bradley retire too soon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Tim Bradley retire too soon?

I mean, his only loses was against Pacquiao. I would have love to see him fight against Broner, Garcia and Thurman. Did he have an injury that forced him to retire?

He was definitely on the slide. That Povodnikov fight took something out of him. I believe he also said he had some problems because of that fight, concussion etc. You could see after that fight that he was getting hurt and buzzed by shots that never used to hurt him.

I think he got out at the right time. He made good money and was in decline. He would've soon started to lose to fighters that couldn't have laced his gloves at one point.

Smart retirement i think.

Comment

Brain damage.

He was feeling the effects of head trauma.

Can't blame him for hanging them up.

Comment

Cause top rank couldn’t feed him any more rematches

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
          He was definitely on the slide. That Povodnikov fight took something out of him. I believe he also said he had some problems because of that fight, concussion etc. You could see after that fight that he was getting hurt and buzzed by shots that never used to hurt him.

I think he got out at the right time. He made good money and was in decline. He would've soon started to lose to fighters that couldn't have laced his gloves at one point.

Smart retirement i think.
          This. Agree on all points. Good post.

Comment

yeah he got his brain cream crackered in that fight, he made a smart move getting out when he did when he felt the signs.

Too few boxers make that judgement call and keep giving themselves one more fight, then they end up like a brussel sprout being wheeled around by their family after their 50th birthday

Comment

Originally posted by warrenchico View Post
              I mean, his only loses was against Pacquiao. I would have love to see him fight against Broner, Garcia and Thurman. Did he have an injury that forced him to retire?
              My friend, he was so messed up after the Provodnikovs fight. He said he was slurring speech, having all kinds of memory problems, etc.. unlike a lot of boxers, Tim knew when it was his time to hang em up. I applaud his decision

Comment

Too soon? Dude is punch drunk.

Comment

Class act and a gentleman
                  Good little fighter also
                  Saw him fight and he was quick
                  Then Provodnikov got to him
                  Hey I’d rather any boxer retire than having to hear he’s gotta learn how to speak again

Comment

The mother****er thought he was in another country when he was commentating. Provodnikov really scrambled his brain.
                    The nail in the coffin was watching Pacquiao go through hell and back with Horn after pacquiao whooped Bradley easily.

Comment

Working...
                    X