No announcement yet.

Wilder vs fury dec 2018 ppv?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder PPV.... lol... GTFO.

Only if it is $10 or something. I would rather pay for DAZN or ESPN+ than pay $50+ to see Wilder windmill someone.

And Wilder vs Ortiz 2? Would be a good match... but once again, no way in hell worth paying to see.

Realistically the only way Wilder sells a PPV would be vs Joshua after 6+ months of promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
      It's funny how purse is been shared here. I wonder what wilder has been doing over 40 fights under showtime yet he cannot be put up on ppv. Something must be wrong.
      It's either he is not know enough or he is fighting unranked farmers.
      Wilder's first million dollar purse was for the first Stiverne fight, 8 fights ago. And, unless I'm mistaken, his first ShoBox appearance was in his 26th fight against Kelvin Price; Haymon moves different, but I doubt Wilder was really seeing any money before that.

Wilder has fought on Showtime, because Showtime wanted him on their channel, and the money that Showtime/CBS had on offer, limited the incentive to risk money on PPV (take Showtime's $2m rights fee, or get the money to front the marketing of the event and look to generate $6m in PPV revenue to cover the expenses and clear that same $2m).

Wilder is now at the point where he's worth more than Showtime can offer to have him off of PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        Hell yes! See this is what I am talking about. Wilder loves his fans. He is willing to give us the fights that we want to see. If it's true then I'm all for it. I've been anticipating a good heavyweight scrap all year long just to be let down and disappointed. It shouldn't take Fury that long to get in decent enough boxing shape for a heavyweight championship bout and the Luis Ortiz bout would be another real treat for us boxing fans too.
        Lolol wait a god dam minute. When aj talks about fighting fury he’s a cherry picker and fury is fat and out of shape but when it’s wilder all of a sudden this is the best fight in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by ELHITMAN606 View Post
          It's a tougher fight than Joshua though but if he beats Fury then in my opinion he's the man as he would've beaten the linear champion and his stock would skyrocket though it's extremely risky as in my opinion Fury is capable of beating both Wilder and Joshua due to his slick boxing style
          If he beats Fury he deserves 50-50 split with Joshua and now who looks like the biggest fools in boxing Eddie Hearn and AJ.

Excellent by the way i am from England and i know what a duck means

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
            It's funny how purse is been shared here. I wonder what wilder has been doing over 40 fights under showtime yet he cannot be put up on ppv. Something must be wrong.
            It's either he is not know enough or he is fighting unranked farmers.
            What was the last Showtime PPV? Mayweather vs Macgreagor?

PPV just doesn't really happen anymore over here. Unless you're Canelo. It seems big fights are just going onto pay channels.

Comment

Originally posted by MaksBox View Post
              Wilder PPV.... lol... GTFO.

Only if it is $10 or something. I would rather pay for DAZN or ESPN+ than pay $50+ to see Wilder windmill someone.

And Wilder vs Ortiz 2? Would be a good match... but once again, no way in hell worth paying to see.

Realistically the only way Wilder sells a PPV would be vs Joshua after 6+ months of promotion.
              Wilder-Ortiz was a great fight, that had everyone buzzing (Dana White was at his own company's PPV event, watching the fight on the Showtime app).

If Luis Ortiz shows up in great shape on Saturday, and throttles Cojanu (the same guy that Joseph Parker basically refused to engage in a fight for 12 rounds, on 12 days notice), the rematch has the looks of a fight that should be enough to host a party for (especially with how Showtime and Haymon consistently stack undercards with good fights).

Comment

We need to see whether Fury performs well against this next bum. If he looks trimmer, his movement looks good, and he gets the jab and switch-hitting going, people will take him more seriously again.

Would there be any fighters that could be on the undercard that would change someones opinion on if they would buy it? get Spence on there or something?

Comment

I'm for it not because I want to see it so bad but because it would make Joshua Wilder even bigger. I'm still operating on the notion that Joshua isn't going to duck forever.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    Tell Wilder those are his words not mine , hes the cash cow of the division didnt you know ? Hopefully he demands 100 Million what hes worth !

As far as the term ? Well your wrong bc its common knowledge its a reference to the Wilder fanbase DAILY on here !
                    Look Jughead, I'm going to start to ignore your posts if you keep coming back with stuff that's this friggen lame. For such an AJ trollboy you're not really that good at it.

Using the term"Crackhead" is only "common knowledge" to people who are so out of touch they're still waiting for a Frank Bruno comeback ........... oh wait that's AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHITMAN606 View Post
                      If it does over 100k buys which is very possible as the Promotion would be pretty good then it's a success imo the only real PPV star stateside is Canelo and even he needs a good opponent to get around 1mil ppv buys
                      An American fighter who is WBC champion getting 100k PPV sales is a success? It would be a monumental flop in my opinion and a clear sign that America doesn't care about Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X