No announcement yet.

The idea that one has to fight in Vegas to validate their career is BS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Because its prize fighting so you probably want to maximize the prize you fight for.

Just sayin............
    I dont care who gets paid what. Why do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      No one is knocking the fights as not being great, but let's be honest here.

The Tokyo Dome was a great atmosphere; still, imagine what it would've done for 'Buster' Douglas had the same fight been done in from of 25k people at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas (MGM Grand didn't start hosting fights until 1994); an underachiever, fighting with a heavy heart due to the passing of his mother, summons the courage and fortitude to knockout the man that some folks saw as being unbeatable.

Or Duran, taking on the great Ray Leonard and beating him in Las Vegas.

Vasquez-Marquez had a great series of fights, and great fights can be had anywhere, but if you want the stage with the largest spectacle, Las Vegas blows every other venue out of the water, and it's basically been that for the last 30-35 years.

Las Vegas makes everything shine brighter
      Duran is a legend without beating Leonard in Vegas. Douglas beating Tyson doesnt stop him from eating himself out of the championship. And not a single Vazquez Marquez fight from the first 3 was in Vegas and it is still one of the greatest 3 fight series ever.

So what does being in Vegas do for anyones memories of these fights?

Nothing. You are just looking for the hype of the fight. There have been many, many, many duds in Vegas. So whats so great about a shiny turd?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        You really are deranged. Show me evidence that people around the globe would watch more if a fight was in Vegas to say Wembley or the O2 in London?

The level of arrogance you display is beyond disgusting.
        Where are the largest grossing Pay pay view events are ever held? What country holds the record for the largest grossing pay per view event ever sold? What country holds the record for the most pay per views sold?

What are the nationalities of the participants of the largest grossing pay per view events ever sold?

Even Matchroom Boxing's Barry Hearn has said that the Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder undisputed heavyweight championship fight would gross over 100 times more money in the U.S. Than in the U.K.

Last but not least, what country and sport was the first to draw the largest gate of any kind of entertainment in history?

Also, what nationalities were the fighters?

There, I rest my case.

Comment

• Yes you do.

US is were all the sponsor money is at.

Eddie didn't get that....which is why he signed no one.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            Where are the largest grossing Pay pay view events are ever held? What country holds the record for the largest grossing pay per view event ever sold? What country holds the record for the most pay per views sold?

What are the nationalities of the participants of the largest grossing pay per view events ever sold?

Even Matchroom Boxing's Barry Hearn has said that the Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder undisputed heavyweight championship fight would gross over 100 times more money in the U.S. Than in the U.K.

Last but not least, what country and sport was the first to draw the largest gate of any kind of entertainment in history?

Also, what nationalities were the fighters?

There, I rest my case.
            None of this answers my question you loon. You're just waffling **** here. Haha. Either answer the question or move along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
              Yes you do.

US is were all the sponsor money is at.

Eddie didn't get that....which is why he signed no one.
              No American fighter has anywhere near to the sponsors Joshua has. Lynx and Beats by Dre are just 2 of them. Get out of here with that crazy bull****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
                I dont care who gets paid what. Why do you?
                You tell that stiff speak and spell ***** made ***** Joshua to fight Wilder in Vegas or Wembley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                  You tell that stiff speak and spell ***** made ***** Joshua to fight Wilder in Vegas or Wembley.
                  There's a contract with a date in April at Wembley stadium if Wilder wants it. All he has to do is sign. Joshua can't force the little girl to, he has to do it under his own steam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                    Why do you care what boxers get paid? I can say I dont care because Im not a pocketwatcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
                      Why do you care what boxers get paid? I can say I dont care because Im not a pocketwatcher.
                      You're talking to the wrong one here about fighters and money. And like I said, you tell that ***** made ***** to fight Wilder here or abroad and to stop Riddick Boweing him. Stiff ass, can't speak *****. Fake ass bully...

Comment

Working...
                      X