No announcement yet.

The idea that one has to fight in Vegas to validate their career is BS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    You don't say that because it wouldn't be true. The fact is 5 of the 6 highest grossing fights in the history of the sport have been in Vegas. Having the fight there generates much more revenue than other places around the world. Clearly location matters to those that make the fight into a pop culture event.

I guess that is where we really disagree. I think AJ could become a legit crossover star like Tyson or Floyd by winning a big Vegas fight. You seem to disagree. The reality is at a Vegas fight are mover and shakers and captains of industry that can propel AJ to those heights. The people that put him in commercials and movies come to Vegas fights.

But I get it, you prefer large crowds of all boxing fans. Great atmosphere no doubt. Nothing wrong with that.

Maybe the Beatles would've been just as big without coming to America had just stayed in Liverpool.
    Who cares about how much a fight generates? When was that one of my arguments? I've never disputed the biggest grossing fights have come from America. So people all around the world tune in because of how much a fight generates now? You become an international star because of the money you make? Jesus, this is getting more ridiculous with every post.

Tell me how the world would all of a sudden watch Joshua fights if he fights in Vegas as opposed to fighting in the UK? Give me something with substance and not a load of garbage.

The Beatles wouldn't have needed to stay in Liverpool because there's a big world out there that also listens to music. To think it's only America that counts is again more arrogance from you. And anyway, even if the Beatles never set foot in America, Americans would still be able to listen to their music. You don't actually need to be there in the country to sell because radios play all types of music from the rest of the world. Crazy, I know. The Beatles are the greatest band in history because of their great music, not because they made it in the US. To suggest otherwise is again, preposterous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holler View Post
      Sorry not sure how that relates to my post?
      you spent 3 paragraphs basically downplaying vegas...and i just told u that a fight with canelo against a bum didnt the same gate as AJ/wlad

now imagine the gate aj/wilder could do in vegas

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        Who cares about how much a fight generates? When was that one of my arguments? I've never disputed the biggest grossing fights have come from America. So people all around the world tune in because of how much a fight generates now? You become an international star because of the money you make? Jesus, this is getting more ridiculous with every post.

Tell me how the world would all of a sudden watch Joshua fights if he fights in Vegas as opposed to fighting in the UK? Give me something with substance and not a load of garbage.

The Beatles wouldn't have needed to stay in Liverpool because there's a big world out there that also listens to music. To think it's only America that counts is again more arrogance from you. And anyway, even if the Beatles never set foot in America, Americans would still be able to listen to their music. You don't actually need to be there in the country to sell because radios play all types of music from the rest of the world. Crazy, I know. The Beatles are the greatest band in history because of their great music, not because they made it in the US. To suggest otherwise is again, preposterous.
        this clown is still at it huh? lol

who cares how much a fight generates? but you guys certainly care about how much AJ generates..lol...bunch of clown ass scrubs all you AJ fanboys are.....keep up the excuses....eventually you will be out of them and out of time...cant wait

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          you spent 3 paragraphs basically downplaying vegas...and i just told u that a fight with canelo against a bum didnt the same gate as AJ/wlad

now imagine the gate aj/wilder could do in vegas
          Yes, that's what I didn't understand. My point was nothing to do with gate returns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Holler View Post
            Yes, that's what I didn't understand. My point was nothing to do with gate returns.
            its simple...gate + US ppv (double the price)....in UK there is no US ppv.....the idea is to maximize the income and make the most money for the fight

how come AJ was ready to go to vegas to rematch wlad and hearn said a fight with miller is a real possibility in brooklyn?

but when it comes to wilder it has to be at home for the fans? even though hearn claims wilder dont have any?

you see...what you are missing is every sign points to AJ and hearn being afraid

lennox said it...fury called AJ a *****...parker picks wilder......everyone can see who is shook but you clowns

HW champ of the last how many years+ AJ the superstar A-side=same gate as canelo the chicken vs a bum

Comment

• Holler...i realize you are a little slow

so ill break it down for you a little easier

two most recognized HW in boxing...one of them being the HW champ reigning for years+ AJ the A-side worldwide superstar sell 90k tickets in the UK...and cant generate more money than canyellow vs a bum did in vegas.....you catch on yet?

Comment

this clown is still at it huh? lol

who cares how much a fight generates? but you guys certainly care about how much AJ generates..lol...bunch of clown ass scrubs all you AJ fanboys are.....keep up the excuses....eventually you will be out of them and out of time...cant wait
                If you read what the discussion was about you'd know I was saying that in response to how that even comes into it when talking about being a star on the international stage.

How much money you make doesn't even come into it. But it's a not a surprise you're piping up because you're one of the biggest idiots on the site. Read next time, it will allow you to not make a fool of yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
                  If you read what the discussion was about you'd know I was saying that in response to how that even comes into it when talking about being a star on the international stage.

How much money you make doesn't even come into it. But it's a not a surprise you're piping up because you're one of the biggest idiots on the site. Read next time, it will allow you to not make a fool of yourself.
                  i will have to take your word for it...if anyone knows about making a fool of themselves...you are the foremost authority

babble babble babble

fury said AJ is a *****...lennox said hes afraid....parker picks wilder...lolol...but you still here makinge excuses...i love it

Comment

i will have to take your word for it...if anyone knows about making a fool of themselves...you are the foremost authority

babble babble babble

fury said AJ is a *****...lennox said hes afraid....parker picks wilder...lolol...but you still here makinge excuses...i love it
                    The difference between you and i is, I don't constantly make a fool of myself the way you do.

Fury has been saying **** about Joshua for years. He's never had a good word to say about him. So taking what he says in regards to Joshua is beyond reaching. But you don't care, you just want to bad-mouth Joshua yourself so will use anything to do so. You're a desperate saddo.

Who's arguing about who picks who in a fight between Joshua and Wilder? I'm not talking about that in any way. It has nothing to do with what you're replying to.

Look, go and take you medication. You're clearly too stupid to even know what people are talking about because you're beyond too stupid. So get out of here kid before you make yourself look even more stupid than you already have done.

Comment

Holler...i realize you are a little slow

so ill break it down for you a little easier

two most recognized HW in boxing...one of them being the HW champ reigning for years+ AJ the A-side worldwide superstar sell 90k tickets in the UK...and cant generate more money than canyellow vs a bum did in vegas.....you catch on yet?
                      I've not insulted you Curt. You can of course call me slow or use other insulting language if you wish, but perhaps if you were to read my posts more carefully you'd understand why I find your responses so bizarre.

My post concerned Las Vegas's iconic status in boxing folklore and it's positioning as the 'Mecca of Boxing', the hold on the imagination it holds for boxing fans and fighters alike and the historic and cultural shifts which may have impacted on that status. In other words I'm responding to the topic that the OP has set out.

Nothing to do with revenues, nothing to do with relative returns or US PPV against gates in other locations which you've then responded with and nothing to do with AJ Wilder which you've now written about at some length. Did you even read my post before replying?

Comment

Working...
                      X