Collapse
No announcement yet.

Munguia in a year or two will be scary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He still for the most part dominated Liam Smith who is solid. Did this at the age of 21 which is impressive. He's so big and hits hard and seems to have a very good chin so he will never be an easy out. I'd love to see him fight Harrison who will light him up in stretches, but has a weak enough chin where Munguia eventually stops him.

Comment

i don't see him having good stamina. he was dead tired last night and ended up eating a lot of punches because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
        i don't see him having good stamina. he was dead tired last night and ended up eating a lot of punches because of that.
        That's what I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
          That's what I saw.
          too tired to lift his hands, he is lucky smith has only like 12 KOs, someone with more pop could have put him in trouble

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
            Power puncher with cardio and relentless pressure once he hits his prime and works on some head movement the kid will be a tank.

At only 21 he’s already taken out two former champs in therr prime.
            Munguia isn't going to be able to change much. What he does comes naturally to him so trying to change it will only result in him being less effective. He just doesn't have the talent to become more than what he is now regardless of how much they work on him. His defence will always be poor and his boxing ability will be weak. His strengths are work-rate and pressure.

Liam Smith is not a good world class fighter, he's just decent, regardless of him being a former champ. He's beaten no one good. Ali is even less of a fighter, so I wouldn't bother about that one.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              if Canelo loses in September, Mungia will step into his place as Mexico's top guy
              ... not that soon, doe!...

Originally posted by clemenza View Post
              (...) He does have excellent power at 154. We have to see how much of that power he will carry up to 60. (...)
              ... it's very likely that Munguia will have to move up in an year or two...

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              I like the kid but frankly I was a little concerned with what I saw last night. Munguia got hit with Smith's best shots, if Smith could punch more than a little, things might have taken a different course. Also, Munguia does not snap off his big punches, he visibly sits down on the punches, telegraphing them. IMO, Munguia needs a lot of work yet.
              ... last night it was about earning more experience in the ring, I guess...

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              ... previously, this kid managed to go only one 10 rounder... he needs to learn, he needs rounds...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                lol you know I’m fuccin with ya I think manguia will take over the game in a few years matter of fact I think he replacing canelo as we speak
                Yeah ur right Mungia seems really good. But ur also right kidbazooka sucking balls of a mexican again lol.

Comment

IDK, I like mungunia his story and the fight last night was a exciting fight but he has a belt theirs is no in 1-2 years it now! so he better get on it, no reason he should go to defense move should be ducking his head to the right EVERY SINGLE TIME! it can be easily timed.

But yeah if they somehow are able to slow play it and get him the fights he needs etc to build he can be a real threat.

Comment

Working...
                  X