Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why every time a euro fighter wins euro fans think he’s the greatest thing since...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
    Did you watch the fight today? Have you seen the guy fight at all? There is little question this guy is hell of a good fighter and it isn't just like he started being excellent today.

If anything he has been underrated.
    The bold is the truth.

Comment

he holds all 4 belts in less than 15 fights and looked great in the process of doing it? and to have him 8-10 in p4p list is a joke, let me guess youve got him behind charlos in the p4p list because they are 'hungry young lions'

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
        Yeah, such undeserving hype for Usyk. what a joke.

He's being hyped because his accomplishment. Before, people were saying he possibly deserved a P4P top 10 spot around the back end. After his dominate win over Gassiev, and with him becoming an undisputed champion, he deservedly earned a top 5 spot.

If you call this unfounded hype, you're being an ignorant moron.

Let's see, Usyk:
        -Undisputed champion in 15 fights
        -Standout amateur career. Olympic and World Gold medalist @ Heavyweight

Defeated Murat Gassiev (26-0 at the time):
        -Stopped undefeated Yunier Dorticos (22-0)
        -Easily stopped Krzysztof Wlodarczyk (who was a veteran and still a former world champion)
        -Close win over Denis Lebedev (whom I'm pretty sure was a unified champion at one point)

Defeated Mairis Briedis (23-0 at the time):
        -Wins over Marco Huck & Mike Perez
        -Manuel Charr (who he stopped at heavyweight with a significant weight disadvantage)

Defeated Marco Huck (40-4 at the time):
        -Veteran world champion
        -Attempted to win a heavyweight title but lost in a close fight against Povetkin (who was probably the #2-3 heavyweight at the time)

Defeated Glowacki (26-0 at the time) who:
        -Veteran world champion with wins over Marco Huck and Steve Cunningham.

Other wins:
        -Prospect Michael Hunter who seemed to have some backing as a possibly good fighter. Still seems decent, anyways.
        Solid post. Great resume.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
          Sliced bread. Lol

Seriously these newbs do it every time now therr doing it with Usyk.
          You make a fair point but I disagree strongly about Usyk being a hype job.

Usyk is one of the best, if not the best, in the world right now. He a great boxer puncher with skills that IMO would cause a problem for anyone at or above his weight.

I take it on a case by case basis. Just be sure to separate the posters that are true boxing fans and like these guys because they are great boxers from the agenda driven posters who prematurely slurp these guys because they are non American and/or white.

Comment

Remember we watched their great amateur careers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
              First it was GG then Kov then Loma and now Usyk. The TS has a point. But ill say this. Most fans do vote for their favorite fighter...but I don't remember everyone universally saying that Bud, Roman G, Floyd or Ward were pfp best lol... Get the strap. Lol, kidding.
              GGG and Kovalev are nowhere near Loma and Usyk in terms of achievements and skills. They've been overhyped for sure.

Usyk, however, has been outstanding in his 15 pro fights, his amateur career and his olympic gold. He has accomplished a crazy amount in a short period and didn't get much recognition until recently. Definitely deserving of some serious hype.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
                GGG and Kovalev are nowhere near Loma and Usyk in terms of achievements and skills. They've been overhyped for sure.

Usyk, however, has been outstanding in his 15 pro fights, his amateur career and his olympic gold. He has accomplished a crazy amount in a short period and didn't get much recognition until recently. Definitely deserving of some serious hype.
                Foh, lmao. You Usyk fans are ****en jokes. I like all 4 guys. I just found it funny that all 4 of their fans at one point said that their guy was pfp #1.

Comment

There's only one **** one **** Walking along, Singing a song, Walking in a **** wonderland

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                    First it was GG then Kov then Loma and now Usyk. The TS has a point. But ill say this. Most fans do vote for their favorite fighter...but I don't remember everyone universally saying that Bud, Roman G, Floyd or Ward were pfp best lol... Get the strap. Lol, kidding.
                    yeah and all 4 of those guys suck. 0 for 4 euro fanboys!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      yeah and all 4 of those guys suck. 0 for 4 euro fanboys!
                      You probably suck if anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X