Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford Tops Lomachenko, Wins ESPY For 'Fighter of the Year'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
    Well the level of competition should be in the discussion somewhere.

It's not like Bud beat some murders row of fighters. He won that WW belt against a guy I'm not sure would even beat Berto right now.

Unifying 140 should be applauded but when Garcia and Peterson moved up, that division lost a lot.

Bud didn't beat any names to unify. It was very reminiscent of B-hop at 160 imo (after Roy left)

Anyway the ESPYs isn't a real boxing award. It's just some ESPN nonsense.

They only had two boxers in the "fighter" category. One of the other candidates was GSP and he's retired lol
    There have been a ton of soft weight classes since 2005. A lot softer than the division Bud unified. But nobody else managed to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
      There have been a ton of soft weight classes since 2005. A lot softer than the division Bud unified. But nobody else managed to do it.
      You're saying that like people didn't do because they couldn't lol

Unification today is about scheduling and network politics just as much as it is about talent.

I understand what you're trying to say but your argument is rooted in a false premise.

I like Bud. I think he's a great fighter. However unifying 140 wasn't all that attention grabbing. I think you know that.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
        There is no other choice.

He's the first undisputed champion in any weight class since 2005.

End of discussion.

It's not about beating Horn per se, it's about unifying an entire division and then moving up and winning another title in his first fight at welterweight.

yep ^^

Comment

Well deserved. It could have gone to either of them, and there's no doubt Crawford beating horn into submission was extremely impressive.

Comment

From Floyd, PAC to Crawford who beat an easy picking. How boxing has fallen....

Comment

Easy choice...Loma goes and beats Mikey, then there is a serious conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                Well the level of competition should be in the discussion somewhere.

It's not like Bud beat some murders row of fighters. He won that WW belt against a guy I'm not sure would even beat Berto right now.

Unifying 140 should be applauded but when Garcia and Peterson moved up, that division lost a lot.

Bud didn't beat any names to unify. It was very reminiscent of B-hop at 160 imo (after Roy left)

Anyway the ESPYs isn't a real boxing award. It's just some ESPN nonsense.

They only had two boxers in the "fighter" category. One of the other candidates was GSP and he's retired lol

agree

Loma also moved up, and Linares is better than Horn

but unifying 140 is why they did it

Comment

It's only July? Crawford is an incredible fighter tho, so congratz!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Manic Shot View Post
                    These are paper champions, just sweat, no blood!
                    I'm glad Manny's still around or boxing is dead...
                    Manny just won a paper title against a quitter that was always overhyped

Comment

It would have made more sense had not Lomachenko moved up and faced Linares in his first fight, but it is sort of splitting hairs. Ideally they should have shared it I think. I want that tshirt.

Comment

Working...
                      X