Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sh|ts on Brits View Post
    Bob Arum said he was scared of needles.
    pac even said it.

pac made a lot of silly excuses. my favorite one was hes superstitious......

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post

There are two reasons Golovkin would lose to Ward. First Ward is a dirty fighter. Hitting below the belt, elbows, head butting, and excessive holding aren't allowed. Secondly Ward is bigger than Golovkin. If they were both the same size and boxing by the rules I'd favor Golovkin. I don't consider Ward an outstanding technical fighter.
      Many would agree that Kovalev is around the same level as Golovkin, just a lot bigger than him and also significantly bigger than Ward, too. Personally, I just saw Ward beating Kovalev twice, but I suspect that you think otherwise... That's besides the point. If Kovalev shrank 5 cm in height, 4 cm in reach and wasn't a naturally bulkier guy than Ward, do you then feel that Kovalev would win "a third time" against Ward? (To me, it would be his first time)

The size difference between Ward and Kovalev is actually around the same as the size difference between Ward and Golovkin, just smaller. Ward is 4 cm taller than Golovkin and has 2 cm reach advantage.

Comment

Everyone has their preferences. I appreciate the skill and they make great for a highlight videos, but one thing that I find boring is inactivity. Yeah, I can admire it the same time when there is a guy who barely gets hit and has a beautiful technique, but if the activity is very low and there is pretty much nothing happening, then I just find it boring. But it doesn't cancel out the other, I still appreciate and respect the skill. But its not fun to watch if there is barely anything happening. Rigo has been sometimes a good example with this, absurdly skilled technician with absolutely beautiful punches and movement, but look for his fight against Drian Francisco as an example. I dont know who would find that entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton Belgram View Post
          Many would agree that Kovalev is around the same level as Golovkin, just a lot bigger than him and also significantly bigger than Ward, too. Personally, I just saw Ward beating Kovalev twice, but I suspect that you think otherwise... That's besides the point. If Kovalev shrank 5 cm in height, 4 cm in reach and wasn't a naturally bulkier guy than Ward, do you then feel that Kovalev would win "a third time" against Ward? (To me, it would be his first time)

The size difference between Ward and Kovalev is actually around the same as the size difference between Ward and Golovkin, just smaller. Ward is 4 cm taller than Golovkin and has 2 cm reach advantage.
          Ward admitted he moved to LH because he can't make 168.Golovkin has never had a problem making weight at 160. I don't see the two situations as the same. The other issue is the bending of the rules by Andre. That's a huge problem for Golovkin.

Comment

A good example of a boring technical fighter was Mayweather at the higher weights. The flip side would be Duran. His defense was vastly underrated and his inside game was second to none. He could throw every punch in the book and a few others didn't know exsisted.

Comment

I only watch "boring" fighters, I have no intention of watching the Pac fight and I probably never will.

Comment

yeah wards such a high level fighter. we all know clinching, headbutting, and low blowing is only reserved for the highest class of fighter. why didnt he do that when he was fighting paul smith or alexander brand? out comes the cheating when he is getting troubled or beaten by kovalev. not really a sign of a great boxer if you have to cheat to win or cheat just to make it competitive(still robbed kovalev blindly) you just think its high level cause you like those guys. calling it high level is your OPINION. floyd the "highest level" guy ducked marg who was a brawler so why did that happen?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  yeah wards such a high level fighter. we all know clinching, headbutting, and low blowing is only reserved for the highest class of fighter. why didnt he do that when he was fighting paul smith or alexander brand? out comes the cheating when he is getting troubled or beaten by kovalev. not really a sign of a great boxer if you have to cheat to win or cheat just to make it competitive(still robbed kovalev blindly) you just think its high level cause you like those guys. calling it high level is your OPINION. floyd the "highest level" guy ducked marg who was a brawler so why did that happen?
                  Not to mention what he did to Kessler..

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                    pac even said it.

pac made a lot of silly excuses. my favorite one was hes superstitious......
                    Go find where Pac said that. I'll be waiting

Comment

defensive fighters =inferior in offense

offensive fighters=inferior in defense

generally speaking ofcourse

Comment

Working...
                      X