Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Boring technicians"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i appreciate both styles. boxer and puncher.

the ko eliminates robberies. punches thrown is more pleasing to the eye than feinting.

lets be honest here, if fight fans had a choice, dragged out chess match or rock em sock em slugfest, which is the fight people are wanting to watch when they get home ????

Comment

Originally posted by Morton Belgram View Post
      But you do acknowledge that those offensive fighters, like Golovkin, are plain out inferior to the technicians, right? Not that that makes guys like Golovkin any bad at all, but I have seriously seen people claim that Golovkin would smash Ward, lol.
      I wouldnt say inferior because they are two complete opposite styles.
      I would say being the best at either will bring alot of acclaim and wins.

Comment

What someone finds entertaining is totally subjective to them.

I love watching technical fighters, I love watching a guy shut down their opponents offense but in turn that means the action is usually cut down so it's understandable someone would be opposed to that.

It's like saying are you really a fan of film if you can't appreciate the highest level of film making such as Alfred Hitch****? Of course you are. Some people just want to see Arnold Schwarzenegger blow some **** up.

Doesn't make them any less of a fan of film.
        Last edited by IronDanHamza; 07-15-2018, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          I dislike Mayweather for his approach in not fighting the best or at least not fighting them in their prime
          But I do appreciate his boxing skills ( hâte his guts but will admit one of the greatest all time )
          Ward is good but his willingness to exchange made him very boring and just regular imo
          People complain about the pitty patty punches of Calzaghe, but his will to exchange and fight made him quite impressive
          That’s a fighter ( relating to your post ) who made quite the impression on me as a fighter who hit and got hit but made the difference with his shots
          His only fault was crossing the pond too fughin late
          Calzaghe was an interesting fighter. He did posses good skills, but his workrate was by far the greatest weapon he had. That stamina, that ability to just keep on punching, punching and punching! Add some good handspeed and good skills to that, along with a solid chin and great fighter heart, and we have one of the best 168 lbs fighters of all time. I often told myself that even though Ward generally is a better fighter than Calzaghe, I think Calzaghe would be a stylistical nightmare to Ward, like Marquez is to Pacquiao.

As for Mayweather, yeah, I wish he had fought Pacquiao a few years earlier...

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
            I dislike Mayweather for his approach in not fighting the best or at least not fighting them in their prime
            But I do appreciate his boxing skills ( hâte his guts but will admit one of the greatest all time )
            lets examine the hate....

pre ww may -
            g hernandez
            chico
            jlc 2x
            ndou
            corley

ww+ may -
            zab
            dlh
            ssm
            cotto
            nelo*
            pac

pre ww pac -
            mab 2x
            jmm 2x
            eric 3x

ww+ pac (im going to list them all and you tell me which is the win an honest fight fan is supposed to be hyped about) -
            dlh
            cotto*
            clottey
            margarito
            ssm
            jmm 2x
            timmy 3x
            rios
            algieri
            may
            vargas
            horn
            lucas

bonus question....in your honest opinion, is there a name in pacs resume that you feel would hae beaten may ???

Comment

Dirty Andre is not a technician just a dirty wrestler. Headbuts low blows elbows and clinching is all he is about only psychopaths support this fraud

Comment

George Foreman put it best:

Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it.

Comment

I personally prefer boxers to brawlers. My favorite last generation boxers were Floyd and Sergio Martinez.

Comment

So, I see many people call fighters like Mayweather and Ward boring. Fair enough. But I don't get it. We're boxing fans. If we don't like boxing at its highest level, but prefer wild brawlers, are we then truly boxing fans or are we merely fans of "lower level boxing"? Personally, I absolutely love watching Mayweather and Ward fight. I think it's fantastic to see this high level of skills at display, this "peak" of boxing science. I enjoy watching fighters like Golovkin, for example, but with all of those headshots he takes all the time and his inability to stop good opponents despite having so much punching power, I really prefer fighters like Mayweather and Ward. It's art when they fight and of course, not everyone can appreciate that.
                    I stop reading after having to read your full name

Comment

Calzaghe was an interesting fighter. He did posses good skills, but his workrate was by far the greatest weapon he had. That stamina, that ability to just keep on punching, punching and punching! Add some good handspeed and good skills to that, along with a solid chin and great fighter heart, and we have one of the best 168 lbs fighters of all time. I often told myself that even though Ward generally is a better fighter than Calzaghe, I think Calzaghe would be a stylistical nightmare to Ward, like Marquez is to Pacquiao.

As for Mayweather, yeah, I wish he had fought Pacquiao a few years earlier...
                      I agree with you
                      Calzaghe would own Ward
                      His pressure fighting and onward coming would drastically stop Ward in my honest opinion
                      The Sardinian terror would be king of super middle weights without doubt
                      Too bad not many North America faithful got to see him In his prime
                      Very special fighter and unfortunately the rest of the world got to see him at his very best end

Comment

Working...
                      X