Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse: My Head is Raised, I Lost To a Legend in Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...he got paid in full..

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
      I would be embarrassed to call him my countryman if i was Argentinean.
      The way he quit from a light punch is disgraceful.
      How much did he get paid for this "fight".
      I predicted he would quit, he had a history of it. Anyway, so did the legend Duran, and Rigondeaux. Same with that other Golden Boy protege, forgot his name.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
        Exactly who had the fight 50/50?

Matthyse has looked horrible since Postol. The Kiram fight was a major indicator that he was done on the world level.

The question regarding this fight had zero to do with Lucas. It was all about Manny. Was he totally washed up? Or was the Horn fight just a mismatch of styles or an off night??

I had Manny winning TKO from accumulation or wide UD. I did not see him stopping Lucas the way he did.

Lucas in his prime was outboxed by Danny Garcia. Let that sink in.

Good performance by Manny. I don't know where Manny stands, but I know TC dominates and probably hurts Manny on more than one occasion.

Loma is a closer fight due to size difference, but I see Loma winning a close decision.

Spence probably overpowers Manny due to size difference, but Manny could definitely KO Spence.

Manny beats rest of WW hands down
        Pacman was a part-time boxer since he became a senator, his training was also part-time. That was the man who showed up against Horn, part-timer, and he won that too IMHO.

This time, he had a long vacation from the senate, trained seriously, and his trainers adjusted the regimen to take his age into consideration. It worked well.

Kudos too to his new trainer, who told him to keep on doing the uppercuts as it was working, and it did until the end.

Comment

I am very disappointed. Should be wireworks but Matthysse was there just to get his career payday.

Comment

LOL..This idiot cant be serious .Wasn't going to watch this crap but one drink and another then a good fight then another....I always knew a football tournament with the kids would be hard work this morning.

I clearly see why Manny carefully picked this once dangerous fighter who looked to be fighting underwater.

I love Manny and how he's propelled our wonderful sport but if it's this and wankers like Khan then please.......!

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
              Gone are those celebrities that normally watch Pacquiao fights its now all politicians that don't buy tickets. Matthesse was gallant in defeat though, a good fight.
              If it is in Vegas there will be celebrities. Malaysia is too far and far less comfortable for the celebrities to come. Not to mention it is a muslim country

Comment

"pacquiao is mexcutioner but im not mexican"...

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                  "pacquiao is mexcutioner but im not mexican"...
                  Mexicans are willing to die but he is more clever he surrender, did not want to end like Margarito, he wants to enjoy his $2.5M

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                    Exactly who had the fight 50/50?

Matthyse has looked horrible since Postol. The Kiram fight was a major indicator that he was done on the world level.

The question regarding this fight had zero to do with Lucas. It was all about Manny. Was he totally washed up? Or was the Horn fight just a mismatch of styles or an off night??

I had Manny winning TKO from accumulation or wide UD. I did not see him stopping Lucas the way he did.

Lucas in his prime was outboxed by Danny Garcia. Let that sink in.

Good performance by Manny. I don't know where Manny stands, but I know TC dominates and probably hurts Manny on more than one occasion.

Loma is a closer fight due to size difference, but I see Loma winning a close decision.

Spence probably overpowers Manny due to size difference, but Manny could definitely KO Spence.

Manny beats rest of WW hands down
                    Your post was somewhat okay. Then you said he could KO Spence lol ????

Maybe you should watch the Horn tape again. Spence might kill Manny if that happened lol Way too big and strong. Seriously?

He can't beat any of those young guys at WW. He should fight Loma and keep it moving.

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
                      Gone are those celebrities that normally watch Pacquiao fights its now all politicians that don't buy tickets. Matthesse was gallant in defeat though, a good fight.
                      Matthysse looked like **** man what are you talking about?!

Comment

Working...
                      X