Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse: My Head is Raised, I Lost To a Legend in Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao is bigger, stronger, faster and older, matthysse has no chance and was getting hurt.

Comment

Matthysse before the fight: "Pac may be called the Mexicutioner but I'm Argentinian"

Matthysse after the right: "I'm too Argentinian to be taking a beating like this"

Comment

its true. his head was raised when he was on his knees.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerzz View Post
          Pacquiao is bigger, stronger, faster and older, matthysse has no chance and was getting hurt.
          was he hurt, doe ?

Comment

His stock definitely hasn't raised from this fight. The fight was (at least close to) 50/50 going in, but that's not how it played out, it was a one-sided beating. You might have expected Pacquiao to be the more worn-out fighter, but he looked fresh while Lucas was a weak-spirited wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
              He clearly quit for the second time... Doesn't look good. Yes Manny was beating him uo easily but with the power that Lucas has, he couls have caught Pacquiao coming in at some point in the fight...
              He caught him a few times it just didnt do what he thought it would. Matthysse is a 1 trick pony, if his power doesn't work he has no plan b he folds when things dont go his way

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
                His stock definitely hasn't raised from this fight. The fight was (at least close to) 50/50 going in, but that's not how it played out, it was a one-sided beating. You might have expected Pacquiao to be the more worn-out fighter, but he looked fresh while Lucas was a weak-spirited wreck.
                I think this is the last we'll see of Lucas unless he can get a fight with someone like Khan or another bs title fight. theres really no where he can go but down from here. He can still win against the bertos,Alexander's, rios's, etc. Of 147 but against the elite hes a lost puppy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                  I think this is the last we'll see of Lucas unless he can get a fight with someone like Khan or another bs title fight. theres really no where he can go but down from here. He can still win against the bertos,Alexander's, rios's, etc. Of 147 but against the elite hes a lost puppy.
                  Honestly the only one of those three fighters that I'd expect him to beat is Rios. Berto and Alexander probably both outbox him - in fact, Alexander already did in 2011, albeit controversially. He didn't even look good against the last no-name guy he fought to win his mickey mouse WBA belt. He needs to just retire, no questions asked.

Comment

Well done about offering no excuses. Especially in a time where fighter's excuses are the only reason they ever lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
                      Exactly who had the fight 50/50?

Matthyse has looked horrible since Postol. The Kiram fight was a major indicator that he was done on the world level.

The question regarding this fight had zero to do with Lucas. It was all about Manny. Was he totally washed up? Or was the Horn fight just a mismatch of styles or an off night??

I had Manny winning TKO from accumulation or wide UD. I did not see him stopping Lucas the way he did.

Lucas in his prime was outboxed by Danny Garcia. Let that sink in.

Good performance by Manny. I don't know where Manny stands, but I know TC dominates and probably hurts Manny on more than one occasion.

Loma is a closer fight due to size difference, but I see Loma winning a close decision.

Spence probably overpowers Manny due to size difference, but Manny could definitely KO Spence.

Manny beats rest of WW hands down

Comment

Working...
                      X