No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Knocks Matthysse Out in Seventh For WBA Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
    It might be because Pac made him think twice before attempting to land, same as how Pac made Clottey too overly defensive. It's those stings that land will make you second guess if you should guard or be the aggressor. Pac certainly made him feel the bite. That's in Lucas head all night.
    Pac made him pay when he threw his right .
    Problem with Mathysse is, he does not have much defense outside of the ear muffs.
    You do that, you can't counter effectively and you are open to hooks to the body and uppercut to the face

Comment

• Originally posted by landotter View Post
      You are not alone. I had Matthysse by decision. Why I do not want to read too much into this, Pacquiao looks like he has a few top level fights left in him. Great win to set Manny up with whatever he wants to do next.
      not gonna lie though, That knockdown did look suspect when Lucas just took a knee

Comment

• Oh maybe you don't like your TC got beaten up instead by Pacquiao

Comment

• Originally posted by Cadet Bonespurs View Post
          If PAC wants to beat someone at 147 and remain relevant, his only chance is Thurman or Danny Garcia. Spence and Crawford are too much for him.
          Terence Crawford is an easy win for Pacquiao

Comment

• Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
            Pac made him pay when he threw his right .
            Problem with Mathysse is, he does not have much defense outside of the ear muffs.
            You do that, you can't counter effectively and you are open to hooks to the body and uppercut to the face
            Well, we now realise that Matthysse is no where near Pacquaio's caliber. That's why there is only one Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
              Well, we now realise that Matthysse is no where near Pacquaio's caliber. That's why there is only one Manny Pacquiao.
              Mathysse looked shot.

I have no idea if Diaz overtrained or something.
              But, he looked like he had really slow hands .
              He realized in the first round, he was already over his head.
              You fight a southpaw and you can't make him respect your right hand, you're done.

Comment

• Manny's speed. Wow!

Comment

• lmao. Yes, Pac needs to try and get a rematch with Floyd! Ohh, thank you boxingscene, I needed a good laugh. Pac never had a chance against Floyd and he never will. There are many fighters out there who would give Floyd a real fight and a couple might be able to beat him, now that Floyd is 40 some years old. But Pac isn't one of them. It is easy to throw a lot of punches against someone with little defense and who can't counter. It is a lot more difficult against elite, slick "boxers." Common sense.

Still, a good win. Honestly, Pac should retire with this win. Go out on a high note. He has nothing left to prove. He is a Senator in his country. He is a legend. Honestly, no one wants to see him get beat up. Let him ride into the world of politics full time and have the last memory of him fighting be a good one. Not too many boxers can do that. It would make for a great ending to a legendary career.

Comment

• not surprised at all

the punters were wrong, Matthyse was never great

Comment

• Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
                      Mathysse looked shot.

I have no idea if Diaz overtrained or something.
                      But, he looked like he had really slow hands .
                      He realized in the first round, he was already over his head.
                      You fight a southpaw and you can't make him respect your right hand, you're done.
                      Well, I see it differently. Lucas wasn't shot, he just leagues apart from Manny.

P4P BEST of today, Lomachenko after watching the fight LIVE: Manny Pacquiao beat floyd Mayweather

https://youtu.be/cLZcA8MGm7w

Comment

Working...
                      X