Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Knocks Matthysse Out in Seventh For WBA Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it Roach that allowed PAC to Be over trained? It surely appears so as this PAC was sensational tonite !!!

This PAC was strong healthy and still fast with dynamite in his fist.

He would have KO’d Mayweather tonite No Doubt!!

Comment

• Good win for for Pacquiao. Even if you don't love him, you have to give the devil his due. If Matthysse did not look like himself, it's because of Pacman's befuddling speed & work rate. Not too shabby for an "old man". I'd like to see him fight Danny Garcia, Thurman, Porter, or even Khan, rather than challenging Crawford or Lomachenko. Bob Arum just wants Pacquiao to be a steppingstone now. Manny should do his own thing. Let Arum match Crawford against Lomachenko if he's so desperate. I like seeing Pacquiao taking more control over his career at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        1. Lucas is shot to sh**t
        2. He's also a very overrated fighter generally.
        3. Pac looked okay.
        4. As expected, people here acting like this is some solid win lol clearly missed Matthysse over the last few fights
        5. This likely sets up the Loma fight. 6. I guess Bob will win in the end again.

That's boxing for you.

Also, great stuff from Teofimo and Prograis

Overall great Saturday for boxing.
        it's a solid win considering where manny is at. it's not the best but for a guy pushing close to 40 and is fighting a "puncher" the type of guys everyone said he's been avoiding since the marquez ko. and dont act like before the fight everyone didnt completely write him off saying he's gonna get ko!

Comment

• Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
          Masterclass from the old dog of the divison pacquiao, pacquiao has a great chance at dethroning inactive coming off injuries keith thurman for the super wba and then fighting khan. I also see him beating garcia/porter but would struggle with crawford
          Crawford and Spence are the only WW that I think could beat Manny even at this age. Thurman never had enough for him and still don't.

Comment

• Sorry Freddy, but you’re spent. Congrats, Manny

Comment

• Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
              O 100% their is no proof,their prob will never be, but my personal opinion was that something just didn't feel right after a min or 2 into the fight.
              That's not excusing Matthysse either. He was a disgrace, he was as jittery as FCK since the first punch and put up no effort at all.

It dose open up fights, I can see him maybe beating thurman, but spence/Crawford and the top p4p guys ATM would make PAC look foolish.imo
              You are right and I agree at this stage of his career he is limited against the younger lions in the sport but still he is very exciting to watch.

Comment

• Wow.. Vintage Manny.

With new found arsenal. That uppercut was landing all night long.

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
                  Anyone else see those empty seats?
                  There wasn't and empty seat in the house during that main event bro

Comment

• Originally posted by stephenmc View Post
                    You think PAC has a chance against loma??
                    I don't think he could make that weight now, but even if loma moved up in weight he would dance rings around PAC at this stage
                    Better he fights someone small like Lomachenko. He has no chance against the elite at 147 like Crawford or Spence. I don't really put much stock into this fight. Manny looked decent for an almost 40 year old but Matthysse looked totally shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Travycat View Post
                      Sorry Freddy, but you’re spent. Congrats, Manny
                      Yup, what this proves, at this point in Manny's career, It's Buboy that is the man not Freddy.

Comment

Working...
                      X