Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Manny even have any real fans any more??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
    Present here! I can be his number one critique anytime as well, and i may not like what he’s up to lately.. but I still wish him the best. I hope with a Matthysse victory he rides off the sunset.

It’s just not fun to root for young dudes to demolish an old legend.

Same way I rooted for Floyd. And wanted him to retire.

I was witnessed of the fanboyism of their era. And i believed that was as well the peak of my career here at nsb.
    So I doubt any boxer in the future would ever be closer to my heart than Manny and Floyd =)

I’ll always be proud that I can be a fan of both of them and criticize them both as well if rightfully so.

that's what real fans do. they let him know when he's in the wrong. not like these floyd nut huggers slurping everything up from floyd, right or wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      that's what real fans do. they let him know when he's in the wrong. not like these floyd nut huggers slurping everything up from floyd, right or wrong.
      What are we slurping up from him?? He is retired and the only time a thread is made about him is by people who claim to dislike him

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        Because all I ever see is posters talking about Mayweather...They only come to Manny threads to bring up Floyd...I honestly do not get it, never seen anything like this before.. The guy had a great career and now seems to be floating into the deep end, No build up for his fight from his so called fans, yet soon as Floyds name is mentioned we get a 200 plus reply thread..
        u just brought him up with this thread and post.

?????

Comment

Because all I ever see is posters talking about Mayweather...They only come to Manny threads to bring up Floyd...I honestly do not get it, never seen anything like this before.. The guy had a great career and now seems to be floating into the deep end, No build up for his fight from his so called fans, yet soon as Floyds name is mentioned we get a 200 plus reply thread..
          Manny fan here and expecting a good fight. Of course, it's not the same Manny that from 9-10 years ago but I think he still has something left in him. Lets hope!

BTW - You seem to do a lot of what you are stating. Bringing up those 2 in this thread and other threads. Maybe it's a way for you to bring up your idol? Or what?

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
            u just brought him up with this thread and post.

?????

Yup, thinking the same .... that is LarryXXX for you!

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
              Manny fan here and expecting a good fight. Of course, it's not the same Manny that from 9-10 years ago but I think he still has something left in him. Lets hope!

BTW - You seem to do a lot of what you are stating. Bringing up those 2 in this thread and other threads. Maybe it's a way for you to bring up your idol? Or what?

I literally dont mention him at all, but all the Manny threads with replies are all about Mayweather

Comment

Ironic that the biggest Floyd fan is obsessed with Manny and yet accuses Manny fans of the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                  Ironic that the biggest Floyd fan is obsessed with Manny and yet accuses Manny fans of the opposite.
                  I am obsessed because I am wondering why he is not getting the attention he deserves?

Comment

i aint seen Floyd name brought up lately tbh.

Comment

Because all I ever see is posters talking about Mayweather...They only come to Manny threads to bring up Floyd...I honestly do not get it, never seen anything like this before.. The guy had a great career and now seems to be floating into the deep end, No build up for his fight from his so called fans
                      You have to understand.

Arguably, the majority of people who jumped on the "Manny Team" were people who hated Floyd and wanted to see him lose - and saw Manny as the last, best hope for a Floyd loss. Especially with Teddy Atlas, Skip Bayless, De La Hoya, Bob Arum, Freddie Roach, Mike Tyson, Chris Eubank Sr. and the media touting Manny as "the only guy who could beat Mayweather", "Manny's going to knock him out in 6 rounds", "Floyd won't be able to handle the speed of Manny", "perpetual motion", etc etc etc.

Once they saw Manny get straight up schooled and treated like a B-class fighter, they jumped off the bandwagon again.

So the question isn't whether Manny has any real fans "anymore". The question is whether he ever really had any, or if he just had bandwagoners who saw a chance for Floyd to get knocked off the throne - despite there never really being a chance.

You can tell who they are too, because they're the ones with excuses. "shoulder", "5 years", "past prime", "all he did was RUN!", "round 4 doe!", etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X