Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: I'm Ready To Trade Punches With Canelo Until The End

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDPopescu
    ... people here display the tendency of assessing the outcome of the rematch based on the first fight...
    ... no way!... the first one was a blatant fix with a view to the rematch and/or trilogy!...
    ... therefore...
    Originally posted by Graz View Post
    Absolutely true. The first fight’s outcome was determined at the prefight negotiating table.
    ... yes, man... I sometimes may understand blind fanboyism, but this was supposed to be a "boxing forum"...

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      that sounds like an excuse

and not a very good one

ped's, or whatever..... had no bearing on the last fight, and will have no bearing on this fight

what you don't do..... is give an intelligent skilled a-level boxer a second chance unless you have a VERY good gameplan

a MUCH better gameplan than Manny had for Marquez in the 3rd/4th fights

let's see how good Golovkin really is..... I think he could be found wanting, and exposed as limited and a little one-dimensional
      Golovkin is going to get beat up, that is what I expect.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfred64 View Post
        No doubt nelo looked good in the rounds he won. In my opinion he only won 4, 5 if you want to be generous. G is slowing down & he should have gone to Nelos body when he had the chance, but I still thought he won the fight. I also think Nelo who moved more in this fight than any of his previous fights & at a heavier weight, likely had clen in his system to assist with his past stamina issues. I just want a good (clean) action packed rematch with a conclusive result, may the best man win!

that is bullshht

he was tested right through camp, same as Golovkin

PED's had no bearing on the first fight, and they will have no bearing on this fight

the excuses in September will be hilarious

Comment

• Originally posted by fernandtg View Post
          So did the press, analysts, fighters and fans. Most saw GGG put pressure on Canelo, causing him to tire out and run around for several rounds. Why do you think the great majority of them had GGG ahead?

Saying Canelo gassing out had nothing to do with the pressure his opponent put in him is ridiculous.

because the " majority " are casual fans who would not have a clue

1) they blindly scored for the guy going forward, and have no real understanding what the word "effective" means when it comes to 'effective aggression'

put it this way..... if Golovkin's aggression was so effective then why was he unable to work the body, and why was he unable to work Canelo over on the ropes?..... actually fk that, why was Golovkin unable to hurt Canelo even once?

2) they only watched one fighter..... THEIR fighter..... which is extremely common

If Golovkin won " easily "..... like the " majority " that you are referring to..... then why did the judge who scored for Golovkin only award him that fight by 1 solitary point?

you can tell from the silly excuses that the " majority " have no idea what happened in that fight

the excuses in September are going to be hilarious

Comment

• the problem for Golovkin is..... Canelo is a better boxer, with a much more well-rounded game..... he has consistently improved every single fight, and Golovkin has not

Canelo will be better this time around, because..... 1) he will be better/stronger at the weight..... 2) he will be more confident, with a well-tailored gameplan..... 3) he has a much better corner

Comment

1) they blindly scored for the guy going forward, and have no real understanding what the word "effective" means when it comes to 'effective aggression'

put it this way..... if Golovkin's aggression was so effective then why was he unable to work the body, and why was he unable to work Canelo over on the ropes?..... actually fk that, why was Golovkin unable to hurt Canelo even once?

2) they only watched one fighter..... THEIR fighter..... which is extremely common

If Golovkin won " easily "..... like the " majority " that you are referring to..... then why did the judge who scored for Golovkin only award him that fight by 1 solitary point?

you can tell from the silly excuses that the " majority " have no idea what happened in that fight

Effective aggression isn't scored on it's ability to mix up punches or punishing on the ropes.

"Effective aggressiveness: A boxer demonstrates this trait when he consistently and successfully moves forward in a controlled manner.

Read more at: http://boxing.isport.com/boxing-guides/how-the-pro-boxing-scoring-system-works"

He controled the pace of the fight with his jab, he consistently made Canelo retreat and didn't fall for obvious traps/baits like you suggest. Sounds like you are the one that needs to learn up on scoring and curb your own uninformed bias.
              Last edited by madsweeney; 07-11-2018, 05:55 PM.

Comment

the problem for Golovkin is..... Canelo is a better boxer, with a much more well-rounded game..... he has consistently improved every single fight, and Golovkin has not

Canelo will be better this time around, because..... 1) he will be better/stronger at the weight..... 2) he will be more confident, with a well-tailored gameplan..... 3) he has a much better corner
                Why would he be better at this weight? He looks like he's lost quite a bit of mass since being busted for PED's and its not like he's spent a lot of time at the weight, he's been on vacation. He's same size he's been, no increased ability.

Confident? Hmm, I doubt it. He'd be more fueled with the PED controversy and him feeling disrespected but that anger/frustration can easily lead to stupid mistakes.

Corner isn't going to fix Canelo's weakness, stamina and slow pace. Canelo isn't a better boxer, he's quicker and more defensively minded, but ffs, he couldn't neutralize GGG's jab. A superior boxer would have.

Canelo has less he can improve on (pace/stamina) than GGG (body work, cutting off ring, less apprehensive first rounds) and I just don't see Canelo naturally overcoming his issues.

Comment

Canelo simply got outsmarted and bullied in the ring. He had to back off because of his poor stamina, Golovkin's punches and because he couldn't neutralize Golivkin's jab. He did beat Golovkin in the category of effective non agression but they don't award points for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                    Effective aggression isn't scored on it's ability to mix up punches or punishing on the ropes.

"Effective aggressiveness: A boxer demonstrates this trait when he consistently and successfully moves forward in a controlled manner.

Read more at: http://boxing.isport.com/boxing-guides/how-the-pro-boxing-scoring-system-works"

He controled the pace of the fight with his jab, he consistently made Canelo retreat and didn't fall for obvious traps/baits like you suggest. Sounds like you are the one that needs to learn up on scoring and curb your own uninformed bias.

we disagree on..... " a controlled manner "

following Canelo around like a lost puppy and missing (sometimes wildly)..... is NOT being effective

and again..... no bodywork, no punishment on the ropes, nothing

Golovkin was effective at times with his jab, but I can see why that fight was so close..... and even the solitary judge who scored for Golovkin acknowledged that

I replied to the question "Why do you think the great majority of them had GGG ahead?"..... and I gave my honest answer

1) they blindly scored for the guy going forward
                    2) they only watched one fighter

NONE of the three judges did that

the judges are familiar with the rule you quoted

most (casual) fans are not familiar with that rule, nor are they familiar with how to apply it

when NONE of the judges saw Golovkin a clear winner..... fans should have asked themselves why, rather than question the ability of seasoned professionals

I will go with the proven, experienced, professionals..... who ALL saw it different than "the majority"

as has been proven many times throughout history..... the opinion of " the majority " is often over-rated

that fight was very close, Golovkin was lucky to keep his titles against a SUPERSTAR in Vegas

Canelo did not do enough to take the titles off the champ imho..... but that was not a great performance by Golovkin, who will need to improve significantly in the rematch

all I am saying is..... the opinion of " the majority ", that Golovkin won easy..... did not happen

just my 2c..... everyone is free to disagree

Comment

• Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                      Why would he be better at this weight? He looks like he's lost quite a bit of mass since being busted for PED's and its not like he's spent a lot of time at the weight, he's been on vacation. He's same size he's been, no increased ability.

Confident? Hmm, I doubt it. He'd be more fueled with the PED controversy and him feeling disrespected but that anger/frustration can easily lead to stupid mistakes.

Corner isn't going to fix Canelo's weakness, stamina and slow pace. Canelo isn't a better boxer, he's quicker and more defensively minded, but ffs, he couldn't neutralize GGG's jab. A superior boxer would have.

Canelo has less he can improve on (pace/stamina) than GGG (body work, cutting off ring, less apprehensive first rounds) and I just don't see Canelo naturally overcoming his issues.

umm.... clen is supposed to help you lose weight easier, not bulk up

his routine to prepare for 160 will be different than his routine to prepare for 154/155..... over time, that routine will become streamlined as his team figure out what Canelo can and cannot do..... and his body will adjust to that routine as he settles in at middleweight..... he could be there already, but I don't think so

I told everyone that 160lb Canelo will be better/stronger than 154lb Canelo..... he was losing too much weight

the only negative factor is that Canelo is inactive for long periods as fighting twice a year is not enough imho

Comment

Working...
                      X