No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Winky Wright Backs Wilder To Beat Joshua, Explains Why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oshio View Post
    That right-hand may just be a myth!!! Wilder has to be fighting A-list fighters and landing the right-hand to put them to sleep until he does that, everything about him is just myth..
    We get it, we get it, when Wilder knockouts AJ you'll then say, "that right hand is overrated!! Wilder needs an A list fighter and landing the right hand to put them to sleep, AJ isn't a A list. Until he does ,everything about him is a myth"

Definition of a hater

Comment

I completely agree with Winky.
      Hes going to land that right hand in 12 rounds and when he does AJ just becomes another K/O statistic in Deontays column.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
        I'm guessing you mean Wilder needs to make sure it happens next? I think AJ is improving with each fight and getting more experience in front of the big crowds. He's also stopped taking as much punishment, which is key.

I think the referee had a lot to do with stopping either fighter making progress once inside. I think that actually hurt AJ more than Parker as I'd back him to win that battle.

For me it's quite easy to call. The two fighters have similar physical gifts, Wilder having the speed edge, for now at least, but AJ is a better boxer and capable of fighting to a plan. Wilder has a chance but I'd guess AJ wins 6 or 7 times out of 10 even before home advantage etc.
        What would be that plan? Fight inside and potentially yield to Wilder's stamina advantage? Box from the outside and risk getting caught by a right hand?

I see Wilder winning 8 out of 10 because his is a tough SOB and can throw bombs for 12 rounds.

Comment

Wilder by Knockout

I favor Wilder easily. Joshua's camp is treating Wilder as a retirement fight meaning they will avoid Wilder at all costs and be happy fighting smaller far less dangerous tomato cans safely in England until Joshua's skills start to erode THEN they'll take the big money fight with Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubber Ducky View Post
            Wright maybe right about Wilder being more athletic but he's clearly wrong about Wilder being more elusive, which is surprising coming from such a good defensive fighter like Wright.

Fact is Wilder get's hit a lot, we all know it. Szpilka had him off balance seconds into the first round with a right hand, Sconiers, Nicols dropped him, Molina who couldn't lay a glove on Joshua wobbled Wilder, Duhaupas shut his eye and Washington was out boxing him.

Also when they both sparred with Wlad is was Wilder who was dropped multiple times, but we never heard about Joshua getting dropped. So who's the more elusive?
            The closed eye vs Duhaupas was due to a head clash inside around round 3. Szpilka nor Washington landed anything clean as they both focused on head movement to avoid punches and counter punches, both being put to sleep when they tried to mount real offense. Molina landed the one shot. I wouldn't classify this as being hit a lot. I'd say for a heavyweight, Wilder is elusive in that he is CAPABLE of avoiding punches in ways most heavyweights can't. Doesn't mean he can't or doesn't get hit.

Comment

Does anyone know why so many articles on Winky Wright?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                No issues backing Wilder if thats how you see it, but Wilder elusive?
                Hell yea.. Wilder is ackward an throws punches from odd angles.. hes way more elusive than AJ.. AJ is a big target waiting to walk into something! But that fool don't want no smoke! So we may not see it until 2028!!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
                  I favor Wilder easily. Joshua's camp is treating Wilder as a retirement fight meaning they will avoid Wilder at all costs and be happy fighting smaller far less dangerous tomato cans safely in England until Joshua's skills start to erode THEN they'll take the big money fight with Wilder.
                  Lmao!! Ya.. 2028! AJ will never fight Wilder!!

Comment

winky wright just lost a lot of fans lol

Comment

Deontay knows he will be Charles Martin 2 if he fight anyone decent so he has to drag this out til he’s got to 50-0

Comment

Working...
                      X