No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Winky Wright Backs Wilder To Beat Joshua, Explains Why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    What round was it that AJ got knocked down? What rounds was he visibly gassed. Asking for a friend....

Round 6. He looked gassed till round 7 then he worked his way back into the fight.

He won by KO in the 11th.

Before his fight with this HoFer he had never been into the championship rounds before, he had only been 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RogJU2LTJuQ

Here's the link to the 5th round. Now tell me AJ is a coward and fears a man 20+ lbs lighter than him. Wlad has more proven power against top class opposition than Wilder does. That's a fact. Yet AJ meets fire with fire.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
      I favor Wilder easily. Joshua's camp is treating Wilder as a retirement fight meaning they will avoid Wilder at all costs and be happy fighting smaller far less dangerous tomato cans safely in England until Joshua's skills start to erode THEN they'll take the big money fight with Wilder.
      This opinion is fair enough, except, when you call opponents tomato cans (which is an insult to fighters anyway) without bringing up Wilder's opponents, past and upcoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        I remind you, he won his belt in the ring against a guy who was ranked in the top 5 of the division. So he's bested 2 guys who were ranked in the top 5 when he fought them. Just saying lol
        That's true. Without rehashing the debate I'll just say I'm a little wary of just how Don King may have manipulated the rankings where Stiverne is concerned. He doesn't seem to have fought much before the Wilder fight and he went precisely nowhere afterwards. The fat, scared mannequin that Wilder despatched last year was one of the worst excuses for a HW boxer I've ever seen in a title fight.

Comment

Yeah, but ok, why he almost got ko by a 50 year old if he so elusive Winky?

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
            Round 6. He looked gassed till round 7 then he worked his way back into the fight.

He won by KO in the 11th.

Before his fight with this HoFer he had never been into the championship rounds before, he had only been 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RogJU2LTJuQ

Here's the link to the 5th round. Now tell me AJ is a coward and fears a man 20+ lbs lighter than him. Wlad has more proven power against top class opposition than Wilder does. That's a fact. Yet AJ meets fire with fire.
            What top level guys did Wlad KO? The eye test says Wilder has more power. He has one punch KO power. Wlad does not.

Comment

The HOF in boxing is an absolute joke. How does a guy who ending his career with (3) straight losses to Peter Quillin, Paul Williams, and BHOP get in. Or a guy get in who had a draw with that pyscho path Jermain Taylor and loss to Fernando F.....Vargas???

I guess (2) wins against Mosley and a win against Quartey gets you in. I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                He's an attacking force no doubt. But defensively he is crap, if we are honest. He gets touched up almost every fight he has had above a certain level.
                Who? Wilder or AJ?

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                  Who? Wilder or AJ?
                  Bearing in mind we are talking about Wilder, you work it out...

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
                    The HOF in boxing is an absolute joke. How does a guy who ending his career with (3) straight losses to Peter Quillin, Paul Williams, and BHOP get in. Or a guy get in who had a draw with that pyscho path Jermain Taylor and loss to Fernando F.....Vargas???

I guess (2) wins against Mosley and a win against Quartey gets you in. I guess...
                    I agree with you.. I thought the HOF was to honor GREAT fighters. Winky is good, but not GREAT. The Mosley wins were more of a bad style match-up. And then the Trinidad win, who was retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                      Bearing in mind we are talking about Wilder, you work it out...
                      What? All that talk is just talk.. only AJ'S fans agree.. well not all.. his instagram is lit up with bad comments.. an all pro boxers and analyst agree Wilder would KO AJ..

Comment

Working...
                      X