Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Handle what?

Do you take Compubox numbers as gospel?
    I watched the fight, joe did a job on him.

Comment

Originally posted by The Madison View Post
      I watched the fight, joe did a job on him.
      Why are you avoiding the question?

You cited compubox statistics and used them as reasoning to support your point.

Do you take compubox numbers as gospel?

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
        So many boxing fans like to lean on the Hopkins was old hivemind nonsense. The supposedly "old, shot" Hopkins went on to beat up the best lt heavy in the world and was a unified true 175 champ until nearly a decade after he was clowned by Joe. When will fans realize the Hop that he beat that night was as close to prime as we've ever seen him and he was dominated by the superior "white boy" as Hop once put it. Praise needs to be heaped on Calzaghe and his defining win was legendary.
        That’s when Hopkins peaked from a mind and game per perspective. But physically, not prime.

Comment

I've always disliked Joe Cal because he is like Joe Johnson to me. Like Carmelo Anthony. In the sense that he was content with doing enough as a practitioner in a sport where he would have been ironclad had he done more. He was super skilled, probably had the best gas tank i ever seen from a fighter at his level and he was okay with being another guy who fought nobodies for the greater chunk of his career. Then he had the nerve to brag about what he did as he fought as if he was credible with his wins over Roy and Bernard.

Comment

--- Let the Popkins boys moan over their boy all they want, but the facts remain that:

Popkins had signed a big deal after the Tito fight with Dibella who promptly arranged Calzage and the Roy rematch circa post 2001 when all were at their peaks.

Popkins blinked and balked, breaking his contract with Dibella who won a $2mil judgement against Popkins that he couldn't pay.

So he landed soft with Goldenboy and the rest settled history. Big news back in the day, but not so much for average boxing fans with their 5 sec twitter bytes...

Comment

Hopkins could've gone up to 168 at any point in the 2000s to fight Joe who was universally seen as the best in the division but instead he jumps the division to go after Tarver a far easier pick and then a fat winky wright. He avoided Joe when he was allegedly at his "physical prime" as some have called it post Tito.

Comment

Umm no. 40 year old not in your prime.

Comment

TC is clueless, he genuinely thought Conor McGregor was going to KO Floyd ��

Hopkins was indisputably old compared to the average boxing age when he fought Calzaghe. Calzaghe was also old at that time but not as old as Hopkins.

Fact: Iparm doesn't know the difference between fact and opinion.

Comment

Working...
                  X