Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should spence move up to 54lb(temporarly) and challenge for title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“If he cant get any fights at his weight he needs to move up”

Oh. My bad. I thought this was a Golovkin thread.

Comment

In my opinion no. He is a great welterweight and there are lots of fights for him at welterweight. He is not a big welterweight and only weighed 156 on fight night for his last fight. Compare that to the 168 pounds Trout, Jermell, Hurd and Lara all weighed on fight night for their last fights and he has a 12 pound weight disadvantage. Why make things so hard for himself. 154 has some dangerous fighters who are much bigger naturally than he is. He should stay at his proper fighting weight of 147 and dominate that weight class. Everybody wants all boxers to move up a weight class or two when they are very comfortable and successful where they are at. Moving up just for the hell of it when a boxer it strong at his current weight is a way good boxers get beat. Look what happened to Donaire and Gonzalez when they climbed up too many weight classes.As long as Spence is comfortable at 147 he should stay there.

Comment

No, he needs to stay and clear out 147.
        Them welterweights trying to run and as long as he keeps winning mg they are going to have to see him

Comment

He should fight Crawford next, no excuses.......don't duck, make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
            “If he cant get any fights at his weight he needs to move up”

Oh. My bad. I thought this was a Golovkin thread.
            Lmfao, ain't that the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
              There wont really be anything this year vailable at welter weight for him with everyone tied up....the alexander/berto winner is not gonna go anywhere near spence.....
              He will be knock out if he fights Muguina

Comment

name them......besides Chris Van heerden
                For starters, his entire amateur career was fought at JMW. 69kg is 152lbs which is JMW.

Source: http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Er...Amateur_Career

The fights in red are over the 147 pound limit, making these fights in the JMW division. His first three fights were in the JMW division.

Source: http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/629465

Comment

Yes.

Jaime Munguia vs. Errol Spence Jr. @ 154

Comment

yeah but he was gonna have to sign a contract with oscar(golden boy) so he passed.....he made the right decision........
                    Making that 50 million Canelo money would be terrible

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                      I think he missed his opportunity. He should have fought Cotto when he was WBO champion.
                      Ok, and who would he fight the rest of his career??? To fight Cotto he woulda had to sign away his prime years to GB. Who does GB have for Spence to fight???? Spence could have fought Cotto, and never fight anyone else good again.

The Alexander-Berto winner will face Spence. It will be fight Spence, on Showtime, for a title, and a good payday. Or fight someone no one has ever heard of, on the part of an undercard that isn't even televised, for a bag of peanuts and a case of Tecate.

After that, the I believe either Thurman or the DSG-Porter winner faces Spence next year. Maybe both. I doubt Thurman will ever fight again though. Spence seriously scared the bejesus out of poor Keith.

Absolutely no sense to go to 154. To fight who? Hurd has said he wants a tune-up before anyone good, Spence and Jermell share the same trainer and are friends outside the ring, and Lara would fight him, but Lara doesn't sell, is a defensive/countering genius, and one super tough SOB.

Let him fight Alexander late this year, Ugas in April or May 2019, and DSG in late 2019.

Also, I really don't get everyone wanting Spence to move up. He isn't any bigger than DSG, Porter, Bummed, or Keith. He is just better than all of them.

Comment

Working...
                      X