Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I Won't Accept Flat Fee; Now It's 50-50 for Joshua Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    Hearn was able to secure Wembley because it's free at this time of year.

For 4 of those weeks Hearn was waiting for them to accept. You don't go looking for dates and venues before the offer is accepted. The other 2 weeks was Hearn trying to get it all signed off because he had the WBA waiting in the wings ready to swoop. He was on a time scale so had to move fast. Pissing around and getting the date and venue takes time and Hearn didn't have that. So he wanted to do it when everything was agreed.

No matter how many times I tell you Wilder fanatics this, you always come back asking the same god damn question. What will it take before this information sticks in your head so you stop asking this over and over again?
    You really believe what you're saying.....you literally just said Hearn didn't have time to get a venue and date for a fight his client wanted that would make Joshua 30M+.

Comment

• I noticed Wilder's tweet finished with #51-0. At least now we know why he is pricing himself out. Would rather go 51-0 fighting C-rate opposition than take a big risk for 7x his biggest pay day.

Comment

You are completely ****** aren't you? Hearn already had extra time from the WBA. They weren't going to budge. They had had enough. They weren't going to wait any longer for Wilder to sign, he had long enough.

Joshua dumping the WBA title would have resulted in having no undisputed champ. and that's what both AJ and Wilder want.

Why didn't Wilder drop the title when Stiverne was his mandatory? Why did he go through with that **** fight?

why did they persist with making him a **** offer ?

oh, and..... **** = less than they offered Parker lol

good on ya, short-bus

Comment

• offering Wilder less than they offer Parker = we don't want that fight

/story

Comment

Wait, what? This is Wilder asking for half the money. What the **** has that got to do with Joshua's manager?

Reality is this way.
            When Wilder become his mandatory, count your boy a belt short!

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              why did they persist with making him a **** offer ?

oh, and..... **** = less than they offered Parker lol

good on ya, short-bus
              That guy is crazy!

Comment

• Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
                Wilder did accept the money amount offered, so stay out of the pub so you can think straight. What Wilder turned down was a contract without a fight date or venue specified. I'm sure Wilder wants to be paid as much as possible but he did not refuse the contract based on the amount offered.
                You can discuss boxing like adults or like one of those kids on here. Stay out of the pub because my opinion or outlook on this subject differs from yours? There is a difference between accepting and signing a contract confirming your acceptance. So maybe you are the one that need to come “out of the pub” and think straight. According to Finkel they asked for two points to be ironed out, according to speculation those two points were (Date and venue), according to Hearn they asked if they were next (IMHO right question to ask), he came back to them and said yes they are next, but the venue needed to be sorted out. So it’s who you choose to believe (Finkel or Hearn).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  There is a difference between accepting and signing a contract confirming your acceptance.
                  Wilder accepted 15 million to be AJ's next fight. The contract didn't say he would be AJ's next fight, so he didn't sign. Hearn confirmed he wouldn't be AJ's next fight. Wilder would have signed if the contract said what he'd actually agreed to.

according to Hearn they asked if they were next (IMHO right question to ask), he came back to them and said yes they are next, but the venue needed to be sorted out. So it’s who you choose to believe (Finkel or Hearn).
                  But Hearn refused to put language in the contract guaranteeing the fight would be next.

And if Hearn was willing to make the fight next, they could make the fight tomorrow. Povetkin is only happening next because that's what Hearn wanted all along. Nothing is stop Hearn from signing the Wilder fight tomorrow to be next. He doesn't want to.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    offering Wilder less than they offer Parker = we don't want that fight

/story
                    Except they didn't offer Wilder less than they did Parker.

Wilder accepted $15million. Parker made less than $12.5million apparently.

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                    When Wilder become his mandatory, count your boy a belt short!
                    I'm not sure you understand boxing... Wilder won't become Joshua's mandatory because Wilder is the WBC champion and thus not in the rankings for any of Joshua's belts.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                      Wilder accepted 15 million to be AJ's next fight. The contract didn't say he would be AJ's next fight, so he didn't sign. Hearn confirmed he wouldn't be AJ's next fight. Wilder would have signed if the contract said what he'd actually agreed to.

But Hearn refused to put language in the contract guaranteeing the fight would be next.

And if Hearn was willing to make the fight next, they could make the fight tomorrow. Povetkin is only happening next because that's what Hearn wanted all along. Nothing is stop Hearn from signing the Wilder fight tomorrow to be next. He doesn't want to.
                      We still don’t have the evidence. Hearn claimed if the contract was signed then Wilder is next, Finkel claimed they would get back to them on Friday with a sign contract after hearing of the guarantee that they were next. All of a sudden the WBA gets involved, Do I believe Hearn? Nope, do I believe Finkel nope. The truth is between those two. The only thing I can see is those two working together to push this fight further down the line.

Comment

Working...
                      X