Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I Won't Accept Flat Fee; Now It's 50-50 for Joshua Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    So Parker deserved a split? A world champion doesn't?

Fyi...Ward Kovalev had guarantees of when the fight would happen. Hearns contract did not. Essentially Wilder could have signed and made to wait till April or longer. What A side negotiates a fight for 3 months but can't get a date and venue?
    Hearn couldn't give a date and venue because he hadn't secured it yet. He was in the process of doing so. He needed Wilder to sign so he could keep the WBA off his back. He was hurrying things up. Hearn warned Finkle this would happen but they took their time. That's why I think they never wanted the fight to begin with, they were just looking to run out the clock and force the mandatory.

Hearn confirmed the fight would be at the end of this year. Saying otherwise is just making excuses for Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
      Not a troll... Not exactly sure what a troll is. As far as creepy goes maybe you should look in a mirror.
      Trust me, if you're not a troll, then you're definitely creepy.

It seems a lot of Americans on forums are creepy. You're just too unhinged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
        Yes, I do want to see it.

Which B side fighter got 15 million or more against a strong A side? Wilder is getting more than he deserves. No other A side gave fighters on Wilder's level a purse split.

I'm sure the Joshua/Povetkin fight will be announced shortly.

Hearn was in the middle of sorting out date and venue. but if he did that first it would have wasted more time and we wouldn't have got the fight anyway. For Wilder to not sign because of that is some straight bull****. Ward/Kovalev was done without date or venue.

Hearn knows when Wembley is open to him and when it's not. April is a good time for boxing due to no football.
        Somehow he couldn't get a date at millennium in Oct or Nov?

Comment

Hearn couldn't give a date and venue because he hadn't secured it yet. He was in the process of doing so. He needed Wilder to sign so he could keep the WBA off his back. He was hurrying things up. Hearn warned Finkle this would happen but they took their time. That's why I think they never wanted the fight to begin with, they were just looking to run out the clock and force the mandatory.

Hearn confirmed the fight would be at the end of this year. Saying otherwise is just making excuses for Wilder.
          hahahahahahaha

these guys went from saying that hearn did give a date yesterday...to saying that he couldnt give a date cause of x and y...LOLOL

SADDDDDDDDDDDDDDd

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            hahahahahahaha

these guys went from saying that hearn did give a date yesterday...to saying that he couldnt give a date cause of x and y...LOLOL

SADDDDDDDDDDDDDDd
            I never said any such thing.

Comment

So Hearn made the offer in May and in 6 weeks couldn't get a date or venue? Yet has a date and venue for the fight they didn't want?

Comment

• Originally posted by sid-knee View Post
                hearn couldn't give a date and venue because he didnt want one!!!
                amen!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                  So Hearn made the offer in May and in 6 weeks couldn't get a date or venue? Yet has a date and venue for the fight they didn't want?
                  Hearn was able to secure Wembley because it's free at this time of year.

For 4 of those weeks Hearn was waiting for them to accept. You don't go looking for dates and venues before the offer is accepted. The other 2 weeks was Hearn trying to get it all signed off because he had the WBA waiting in the wings ready to swoop. He was on a time scale so had to move fast. Pissing around and getting the date and venue takes time and Hearn didn't have that. So he wanted to do it when everything was agreed.

No matter how many times I tell you Wilder fanatics this, you always come back asking the same god damn question. What will it take before this information sticks in your head so you stop asking this over and over again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    amen!!!!!!!!!!
                    Oh yeah, good one.

Simple things entertain simple minds.

Comment

Who cares? Joshua fights on PPV at home. Deontay doesn't. The only way he will is if he fights Joshua. Quite simple really.
                      UK PPV means nothing, they pretty much put on every ****ty fight they have on PPV. AJ barely gets around 300k views on regular Showtime, cause his fights or any other UK PPV isn't worthy of putting on US PPV

Comment

Working...
                      X