Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder on Team Joshua: I'm Sorry Guys, They Played Us All!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
    Well, if you do this for a living, Wilder had you fooled too. He just changed his story about why he didn't sign.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=786150
    Wilder complaining about how terrible the deal was doesnt change that he still accepted as long as the fight was this year.

Finkel complained the rematch clause wasnt worded in the contract in the spirit of what had been discussed. But conceded the point to get the fight done. Which even Hearn acknowledged.

Only deal breaker was April.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Wilder complaining about how terrible the deal was doesnt change that he still accepted as long as the fight was this year.

Finkel complained the rematch clause wasnt worded in the contract in the spirit of what had been discussed. But conceded the point to get the fight done. Which even Hearn acknowledged.

Only deal breaker was April.
      I disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
        I disagree.
        Unfortunately for you, it's not a matter of opinion.

Finkel says there was no date in the contract and Hearn admitted that was true.

Finkel says the date Hearn finally gave him was April and Hearn admitted that was true.

The dispute here is whether Hearn is telling the truth that the WBA deadline forced him to pull out of the Wilder fight. For fans that don't understand how the sanctioning bodies work, it might sound like a plausible excuse. However in reality, the excuse is nonsensical because the worst thing that happens if the deadline passes is that they set a purse bid for two weeks later. A purse bid that is allowed to be canceled on 15 minutes notice. So there was absolutely no reason Hearn & Wilder couldn't have signed last week other than Hearn not being willing to.

Comment

Working...
        X