Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

perfect answer bros ! end thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
      Inferior fighters for some reason are allowed to fight the superior fighters dirty in many fights. What Maidana and Hatton did against Floyd was looked at as positive infighting and that's how you fight boxers. Floyd uses his forearm against a guy holding and hitting or roughing him up and that's considered dirty, lmao. Foh
      perfect answer bros ! end thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
        We all know Floyd Mayweather used his forearms in not so legal ways. Andre Ward liked to billy goat. Roberto Duran thumbed Davey Moore and lowblowed Buchannan to win the title. Feix Trinidad was also know for his forearm and low blow skills. Adrien Broner has flat out hugged opponents with both arms, getting them in a lover's lock for life to hold on before. I've also seen Lomachenko hold people's head down. Yes, most fighters we like do something illegal in there.

How much does this bother you? Is it okay if your favorite fighter does it and not when fighters you don't like do it? Or do you just not notice or even care?

For me, it is bothersome and I don't really see why referees can't just enforce the rules. I'm happy to see one dq after another if it cleans up the fights.

Head control techniques one not turned in a wrestling match is part of boxing for me, that's how Ali beat Foreman for example. But hitting the balls, excessive clinch, concious rabbit punching, etc. are just dirty and need to be cut off

Comment

It annoys me greatly, no matter who does it, the fighter I like, or one I dislike. I also often wonder how much certain things take out of an opposing fighter, ie. punches to the neck or nuts etc. I was kicked in the groin in my first amateur MMA match (would have laughed if it wouldn't hurt), it was strange as it hit me, it hurt, but it steadily hurt more and more for the next minute. It then faded away luckily or maybe some adrenaline took it away, I dont know, but it definitely affected me. Now, imagine getting kicked or punched below the belt by an amateur who packs a mean punch or kick. Cant even imagine the pain and it definitely affects the fighter, thats why I sometimes get a sour taste, if a winner (whether I like him or not) wins but after eye pokes, nut shots or something similar, just makes me question could it have gone differently.

And even if the winner was the better man out there, it leaves a sour taste, just doesn't feel fair. Some people argue that people can use dirty tactics if they want, its referee's job to see them and interfere but I dont agree myself. I just want to see a fair fights where skill and other attributes make the winner, not dirty tactics. Combat sports are indeed sports, not street fighting.

Comment

Cheating is unforgivable. Dirty fighting is okay if its intermittent.

With some rough and brutal fighters you can almost forgive them for the odd elbow here and there because it's in their nature and they usually end the fight legally e.g Tyson.

I can't watch a dirty fighter who relies entirely on dirty moves to win and is also boring to watch e.g. Ward, Hopkins.

Comment

I cant stand dirty clinching low blowing fighters, they literally ruin the fight. Their fan boys will cry stuff like, genius, special, atg, masterclass. They are allowed to get away with it too being house fighters. Not only do they over clinch but they often add in low blows, elbows, heads, anything to get the upper hand, its just not fun to watch at all. I can understand limited fighters doing everything to get their opponent off their game, its a tactic v a better fighter which should not be allowed after the first or second foul max, but better fighters using it as a tactic almost as if they are afraid to not employ these tactics

Comment

Just as long as they’re not taking illegal drugs while fighting than I suppose within reason I’m okay with it unless you’re excessively doing something like headbutting or low blows every round. If you’re doing something illegal like that every single round than you should be DQ’d.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                  Cheating is unforgivable. Dirty fighting is okay if its intermittent.

With some rough and brutal fighters you can almost forgive them for the odd elbow here and there because it's in their nature and they usually end the fight legally e.g Tyson.

I can't watch a dirty fighter who relies entirely on dirty moves to win and is also boring to watch e.g. Ward, Hopkins.
                  Yeah, Hopkins was the worst. Got away with everything and hardly ever in an exciting fight.

Comment

Absolutely despise it. Boxing is a sport. The rules should be enforced the same way they are in the vast majority of other sports. Some 'veteran tactics' and 'roughhousing' are OK - they're part of every sport. But some of the **** that fighters have gotten away with is absolutely de****able.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                      Inferior fighters for some reason are allowed to fight the superior fighters dirty in many fights. What Maidana and Hatton did against Floyd was looked at as positive infighting and that's how you fight boxers. Floyd uses his forearm against a guy holding and hitting or roughing him up and that's considered dirty, lmao. Foh
                      Floyd caused the issue with maidana himself, floyd was holding and maidana was hitting, floyd clinched 36 times in the first 5 rounds, he got what he deserved, ortiz got what he deserved from floyd aswell, as for floyd using elbows and forearms, thats not in retaliation for dirty fighting, thats to create space and dirty as hell

Comment

Working...
                      X