No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs vs. Derevyanchenko: IBF Orders Purse Bid For July 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    More than the viewership than vs Quillin? Um, I hope so since he fought on HBO compared to SHO vs Quillin. How about you do some research? How about the fact the Barclays was half empty for his fight? How about Hearn scheduling a fight at Barclays a week after the Broner/Vargas fight that had 12k+ in that arena? Great promoting job there!!!
    What does fighting on HBO have to do with it? Their numbers have been dropping steadily lower than showtimes for a long time now.. you brought up that he was being badly promoted.. I want to know how being paid more.. navigated very quickly into big fights and mandatory spots and having a higher viewership is bad promotion?

Why exactly is 8000 at Barclays against a pole in a non title fight bad booking the week after Broner Vs Vargas ? I'd love to know. Where would you have placed him? Vegas?

Tit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      What makes more $$$.

Jacobs/Saunders in NY?

or

Jacobs/Saunders in the UK?
      Neither of them are big draws but that fight is intriguing enough to do well at either Barclays or the O2

Comment

Jacobs who told the IBF to go **** themselves last year by refusing to fight for their title in order to gain an advantage .... is now fighting for the IBF title.

What a load of bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
          What does fighting on HBO have to do with it? Their numbers have been dropping steadily lower than showtimes for a long time now.. you brought up that he was being badly promoted.. I want to know how being paid more.. navigated very quickly into big fights and mandatory spots and having a higher viewership is bad promotion?

Why exactly is 8000 at Barclays against a pole in a non title fight bad booking the week after Broner Vs Vargas ? I'd love to know. Where would you have placed him? Vegas?

Tit.
          You must be a Brit or are a complete MORON. HBO has damn near 30% more subscribers than SHO. And SHO is NOT doing better numbers, what kind of BS is that? Only Wilder/Broner are able to put up comparable numbers to the top guys at HBO.

And Jacobs put up less than 8,000 at the Barclays with the ticket prices being much cheaper than the week prior. Hearn should have known Broner/Vargas was going a week earlier and tried to get another date.

So he is getting paid more? That is actually what I asked in my first post on the matter. Good for Danny then! Getting paid more, which is a great thing. But as for the profile rising? Has not happened and doubt it happens in his next fight either. Hearn isn't going to be able to promote the way he does in the UK. The fans in the UK are far more loyal to their guys. US doesn't support their fighters like that.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            You must be a Brit or are a complete MORON. HBO has damn near 30% more subscribers than SHO. And SHO is NOT doing better numbers, what kind of BS is that? Only Wilder/Broner are able to put up comparable numbers to the top guys at HBO.

And Jacobs put up less than 8,000 at the Barclays with the ticket prices being much cheaper than the week prior. Hearn should have known Broner/Vargas was going a week earlier and tried to get another date.

So he is getting paid more? That is actually what I asked in my first post on the matter. Good for Danny then! Getting paid more, which is a great thing. But as for the profile rising? Has not happened and doubt it happens in his next fight either. Hearn isn't going to be able to promote the way he does in the UK. The fans in the UK are far more loyal to their guys. US doesn't support their fighters like that.
            Outside of anyone with a belt the us doesn't support their fighters at all. Youve always been glory hunters of the highest degree. It isn't just Jacobs that fails to sell our arenas .. wilder Ortiz had mad comp tickets and he barely sold out his hometown stadium in Alabama any time he fought there lol. But hearns fault cos Hearn doe.

8000 against a no name the week after Broner is absolutely fine.

Who are HBO's topguys sorry? I mean the ones not called golovkin or Canelo fighting on non PPV. Id love to see a continuous higher viewer trend for HBO across all fighters in comparison to showtime for this year if you have it ? Even taking into consideration their 30% higher sub base. Spence did admirable numbers.. it isn't just Broner and wilder keeping showtime up their content is widely considered on here to be a higher standard than that of HBO currently.

2017 HBO did better because of golovkin and Canelo non PPV fights and the toprank fighters.. none of that this year with the highest rankers outside of showtime fighters being Crawford.. Loma etc now on espn.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
              Outside of anyone with a belt the us doesn't support their fighters at all. Youve always been glory hunters of the highest degree. It isn't just Jacobs that fails to sell our arenas .. wilder Ortiz had mad comp tickets and he barely sold out his hometown stadium in Alabama any time he fought there lol. But hearns fault cos Hearn doe.

8000 against a no name the week after Broner is absolutely fine.

Who are HBO's topguys sorry? I mean the ones not called golovkin or Canelo fighting on non PPV. Id love to see a continuous higher viewer trend for HBO across all fighters in comparison to showtime for this year if you have it ? Even taking into consideration their 30% higher sub base. Spence did admirable numbers.. it isn't just Broner and wilder keeping showtime up their content is widely considered on here to be a higher standard than that of HBO currently.

2017 HBO did better because of golovkin and Canelo non PPV fights and the toprank fighters.. none of that this year with the highest rankers outside of showtime fighters being Crawford.. Loma etc now on espn.
              So if you want to point out Wilder/Ortiz had comp tickets, are you then saying Jacobs/Sulecki didn't? You have Hearn out there saying Wilder sold 6,000 tickets his last fight which is complete bollocks. And it is facts that Broner/Vargas did 14k the week prior while Jacobs/Sulecki did 8k. If he puts that fight on another date, it would have done better numbers. You just can't expect to sell out or come close to selling out when there was a big card at the same arena the week prior....And lets not forget how much cheaper the tickets were for the Jacobs/Sulecki card.

This isn't about it being Hearn's fault. Just that Hearn isn't elevating Jacobs like he said he would do. He sure hasn't hurt him, but you can't say his profile has risen something Hearn points out in every interview when talking about signing American fighters.

And HBO now has cards with a lot of lesser known fighters after Top Rank made its way to ESPN. But Crawford/Loma were getting close or hitting the 1 million mark on their fights. Literally only Wilder has done that on SHO since 2015 I believe...Which he did against Stiverne. Golovkin just got done in May doing over a million himself. So yeah, HBO with solid household names will do better numbers than SHO...And with big household names will do much better numbers than SHO.

Comment

I got D-Chenko taking this one

That 10 pound rehydration clause is going to deplete Jacobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  From what I've seen, Jacobs is #3, Jermall Charlo is #4, and Andrade is #5. The IBF does not have anyone @ #2! So if anyone is up next, should Jacobs not fight, it would be Jermall Charlo!
                  Just not sure 50/50 split with Jacobs gets this signed. I'd love to see that fight as well, however since Charlo is the WBC interim he was removed from the IBF rankings. Langford still listed as #5 however he lost a month or so ago so I'm also expecting him to drop in these.

1 Sergiy Derevyanchenko
                  2 NOT RATED
                  3 Daniel Jacobs
                  4 Demetrius Andrade
                  5 Tommy Langford
                  6 Martin Murray
                  7 Kamil Szeremeta
                  8 Rafael Bejaran
                  9 Albert Onolunose
                  10 Patrick Wojcicki
                  11 Jack Culcay
                  12 Robert Brant
                  13 Wes Capper
                  14 Liam Cameron
                  15 Gary O'Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by Dbt View Post
                    Jacobs who told the IBF to go **** themselves last year by refusing to fight for their title in order to gain an advantage .... is now fighting for the IBF title.
                    What a load of bull****.
                    Definitely not but same with Canelo now reinserted as WBC #1 after refusing to fight for that belt last couple times. Also don't like IBF policy that #1 contender can fight anyone he chooses including a 22-22 fighter & keep his high ranking yet their champ fights a better opponent than that (even if was a JMW) but is stripped. Lot of politics & contradictory policies for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
                      Just not sure 50/50 split with Jacobs gets this signed. I'd love to see that fight as well, however since Charlo is the WBC interim he was removed from the IBF rankings. Langford still listed as #5 however he lost a month or so ago so I'm also expecting him to drop in these.

1 Sergiy Derevyanchenko
                      2 NOT RATED
                      3 Daniel Jacobs
                      4 Demetrius Andrade
                      5 Tommy Langford
                      6 Martin Murray
                      7 Kamil Szeremeta
                      8 Rafael Bejaran
                      9 Albert Onolunose
                      10 Patrick Wojcicki
                      11 Jack Culcay
                      12 Robert Brant
                      13 Wes Capper
                      14 Liam Cameron
                      15 Gary O'Sullivan
                      That sucks! I would much rather see Charlo vs. Jacobs! I just think it's terrible to ask Rozier to give up on Dervy!

Comment

Working...
                      X