Comments Thread For: Jacobs vs. Derevyanchenko: IBF Orders Purse Bid For July 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
    Still a bullchit fight
    What's a bull**** fight? The fights to manoeuvre himself straight back into mandatory contention for another big fight against golovkin.. or the fight against derevyanchenko..the one everyone says golovkin ducked to fight vanes?

Really cant fault Hearn for what he's done for Jacobs tbh.

Was going to the Barclays center against a pole for a non-title fight going to sell more than two black blokes from Brooklyn going for a world title like in the quillin fight? Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
      What's a bull**** fight? The fights to manoeuvre himself straight back into mandatory contention for another big fight against golovkin.. or the fight against derevyanchenko..the one everyone says golovkin ducked to fight vanes?

Really cant fault Hearn for what he's done for Jacobs tbh.

Was going to the Barclays center against a pole for a non-title fight going to sell more than two black blokes from Brooklyn going for a world title like in the quillin fight? Nope.
      Yeah like I said , still a bullchit fight
      The Quillin fight , only hardcore fans knew of him and Jacobs was still the comeback feel good story
      Got nothing against Hearn , just Jacobs is a hard fighter to promote imo

Comment

Originally posted by kej718 View Post
        DiBella I think would be the lead promoter if I'm not mistaken. Derevyanchenko is ranked higher and would get a 70/30 split in his favor. Let's see if Hearn even takes this fight. Jacobs has a deal with HBO too so that is also an issue. Andrade is ranked after him too. Hearn is stuck having to make a deal with DiBella or Warren if he wants the WBO title Saunders has Jacobs is ranked #2 after Andrade.
        http://www.ibfusbaregistration.com/i...an_27_2014.pdf

RULE 10.D:
        In the case of a vacant title, each boxer shall receive 50%. In the case of elimination bouts and box offs, the percentage splits are governed by Rule 9D

Comment

I'm very shocked Jacobs is willing to fight Dervy! I would've rather seen him fight Saunders, Murata, Charlo, or Andrade, than to see him force his trainer (Andre Rozier) to make a choice between him and Dervy!

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            Connelly represents both sides, and still cant make a deal.......lol
            I seen that too hahaha. Whats up with that?

Comment

Derevynchenko, Jacobs, GGG, and Canelo fighting the top guys and trting hard to make the bigger mw fights. Hopefully charlo and the rest learn from,this and start doing same

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                Happy they're making this fight. Sucks for chenko though he'll be fighting two people that night, Jacob's & Rozier. I'm sure Jacob's & Chenko know each other well but who knows you better than you're own trainer.

That being said I'm rooting for Chenko. If GGG beats Canelo in September, I have a strong feeling hes gonna want that IBF strap back. I'd rather see GGG vs. Chenko than a 2nd fight with Jacobs or God forbid a 3rd Canelo fight. Also I hope somehow someway Saunders loses that wbo belt to charlo or anyone really that dip**** has been holding the belt hostage so long I'd rather him not get the opportunity to cash out on it with anyone.
                I agree.. Saunders needs to give up that strap.. he is holding up the path to undisputed..

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
                  The IBF ordered a purse bid Monday for the Sergiy Derevyanchenko-Daniel Jacobs fight for its vacant middleweight title. Lou DiBella, Derevyanchenko's promoter, asked the IBF to call for the purse bid because he hasn't made progress on a deal with Eddie Hearn, Jacobs' promoter. If DiBella and Hearn can come to an agreement before the purse bid, scheduled for July 5 at the IBF's headquarters in Springfield, New Jersey, it'll be canceled.
                  [Click Here To Read More]

Looks like Jacobs/Hearn are playing the A-card. So much for SD/DiBella being easy to negotiate with & would take what he could get. I'm doubting this fights gets made unless SD takes much less than 50/50, the IBF will then go to the next available which would be Andrade. Nothing saying he will take it either though since he didn't last year. Murray would be up next who I originally thought would be the case. Even he may still be negotiating with BJS though & this payday would be for much less. Think he might still take the IBF opportunity if given since SD matches up with his style much better than Saunders does & probably gives him a better shot at finally winning an elusive belt. IF not Murray, can anyone see the IBF being fought over by two no names? Think this very well may turn into one huge cluster fk.
                  From what I've seen, Jacobs is #3, Jermall Charlo is #4, and Andrade is #5. The IBF does not have anyone @ #2! So if anyone is up next, should Jacobs not fight, it would be Jermall Charlo!

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                    He's getting paid more with hearn in his purses than he was with Haymon.

His fight viewership for both fights under Hearn was watched by more people than watched him beat quillin.

He isn't just fighting for a title because GGG got stripped either.. he fought an eliminator in arias.. and a final eliminator in sulecki to become mandatory for the WBA .. so even if he didn't fight this time against derevyanchenko he is mandatory for the WBA super belt held by golovkin.

At least do some research before pouring scorn over someone..the facts are easy enough to look up.
                    More than the viewership than vs Quillin? Um, I hope so since he fought on HBO compared to SHO vs Quillin. How about you do some research? How about the fact the Barclays was half empty for his fight? How about Hearn scheduling a fight at Barclays a week after the Broner/Vargas fight that had 12k+ in that arena? Great promoting job there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                      Crazy........

Comment

Working...
                      X