Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: At This Stage, I Believe Wilder Does NOT Want Joshua Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That 50 million offer sounds like a lunatics dream.

I don’t think people realize how much money 50 million is.
    I think there are many things unknown to all of us to be able to really know which party is at fault, but logic says it is the Alabama part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
      Only 50 countries? Didn't you try to tell me that their world-wide appeal wasn't far off each other?

Nice try, though.
      CSI Sports covered 50 countries, SuperSport covers another 20 countries in Africa, Canal Space brings another 15 countries from Latin America, and Main Event covers Australia/Oceana for something like another 15 countries.

MatchTV had the Russia rights, which can be assumed to have availability outside of Russia, but again, you can't be this stupid.

With even only this partial count, you're already over 110 nations.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Why wouldn’t that be on the contract? And the date? Weird
        Just imagine the uproar if, after working out the handshake agreement, Deontay Wilder's camp were to have sent a contract to Anthony Joshua to sign that had no mention of the dates being considered or the potential venue (I'm still of the belief that the two questions were of something else, tbh). lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Just imagine the uproar if, after working out the handshake agreement, Deontay Wilder's camp were to have sent a contract to Anthony Joshua to sign that had no mention of the dates being considered or the potential venue (I'm still of the belief that the two questions were of something else, tbh). lol
          Lol same here. I think there was another issue with the paperwork.

Comment

• Originally posted by eco1 View Post
            That 50 million offer sounds like a lunatics dream.

I don’t think people realize how much money 50 million is.
            I think there are many things unknown to all of us to be able to really know which party is at fault, but logic says it is the Alabama part.
            Floyd and Manny Pacquiao, after everything was counted and divvied up, split something like $400m between the two of them, so there's a definitive gauge for what the max is an event can possibly do.

$50m is only a lunatics' dream if you're unwilling to count up the pieces:

-Gate: hosting the first undisputed heavyweight championship fight in nearly 20 years is going to draw massive interest and attention to Las Vegas, and the $27m that Alvarez-Golovkin drew at T-Mobile Arena provides a guide point for Wilder-Joshua. The English-speaking heavyweights will create the far bigger event but, for argument's sake, let's say that the gate put $25m into the pot.

-UK PPV: Anthony Joshua is a superstar in the UK (the numbers don't hold for every matchup, but getting 1.5m+ Brit homes to buy the Klitschko fight was impressive), and Floyd helped show that drawing at 2am in the UK can work (no real definitive numbers, but I believe the McGregor fight did over 1m homes, as did the Pacquiao fight, and Alvarez and Hatton weren't much behind that). Sky Sports will get the fight, but getting $15m (£10m; this knowing that Mayweather-Pacquiao and Mayweather-McGregor both generated over £20m) from them isn't ridiculous.

-Miscelanious revenues: the remaining international TV rights, event sponsors, money from the various closed circuits, merch, etc. $10m isn't nuts either.

And that's before you even count SHOPPV (@$65/$75, 1 million homes is easily possible; split that how it gets split, and you'd be sitting on $35m from just the PPV).

Without really taking any real liberties, there's a sane and rational path to $80m to be split up ($50m/$30m; 80/20 with Hearn and Joshua's take is £28.5m, nearly double what he got for the Klitschko fight, before handling the rest of his camp expenses. Wilder splits things with DiBella/Haymon/Finkell/Deas, and he's likely at $20m before camp/tax expenses.

Comment

Floyd and Manny Pacquiao, after everything was counted and divvied up, split something like $400m between the two of them, so there's a definitive gauge for what the max is an event can possibly do.

$50m is only a lunatics' dream if you're unwilling to count up the pieces:

-Gate: hosting the first undisputed heavyweight championship fight in nearly 20 years is going to draw massive interest and attention to Las Vegas, and the $27m that Alvarez-Golovkin drew at T-Mobile Arena provides a guide point for Wilder-Joshua. The English-speaking heavyweights will create the far bigger event but, for argument's sake, let's say that the gate put $25m into the pot.

-UK PPV: Anthony Joshua is a superstar in the UK (the numbers don't hold for every matchup, but getting 1.5m+ Brit homes to buy the Klitschko fight was impressive), and Floyd helped show that drawing at 2am in the UK can work (no real definitive numbers, but I believe the McGregor fight did over 1m homes, as did the Pacquiao fight, and Alvarez and Hatton weren't much behind that). Sky Sports will get the fight, but getting $15m (£10m; this knowing that Mayweather-Pacquiao and Mayweather-McGregor both generated over £20m) from them isn't ridiculous.

-Miscelanious revenues: the remaining international TV rights, event sponsors, money from the various closed circuits, merch, etc. $10m isn't nuts either.

And that's before you even count SHOPPV (@$65/$75, 1 million homes is easily possible; split that how it gets split, and you'd be sitting on $35m from just the PPV).

Without really taking any real liberties, there's a sane and rational path to $80m to be split up ($50m/$30m; 80/20 with Hearn and Joshua's take is £28.5m, nearly double what he got for the Klitschko fight, before handling the rest of his camp expenses. Wilder splits things with DiBella/Haymon/Finkell/Deas, and he's likely at $20m before camp/tax expenses.
              u said it, Pac and Floyd.
              Wilder doesn’t have the “pull” to accomplish that.

Comment

u said it, Pac and Floyd.
                Wilder doesn’t have the “pull” to accomplish that.
                We're not talking about pulling $400m, though.

Wilder-Joshua for the undisputed heavyweight championship is a far bigger event than Alvarez-Golovkin, and Alvarez-Golovkin sold $27m worth of tickets at T-Mobile Arena.

Even if you wholesale everything ($15m/£10m for the UK rights, when Sky Sports already knows that they can get £20m for blockbuster events at 2am; $20m from MGM Resorts as a site fee, when they can easily make that back at the venue plus closed circuit in Las Vegas; international TV for $5m and let someone else do the work; sponsors/etc), you end up over $40m without counting the US PPV for the fight.

Folks are seriously undercounting the scope of this matchup

Comment

We're not talking about pulling $400m, though.

Wilder-Joshua for the undisputed heavyweight championship is a far bigger event than Alvarez-Golovkin, and Alvarez-Golovkin sold $27m worth of tickets at T-Mobile Arena.

Even if you wholesale everything ($15m/£10m for the UK rights, when Sky Sports already knows that they can get £20m for blockbuster events at 2am; $20m from MGM Resorts as a site fee, when they can easily make that back at the venue plus closed circuit in Las Vegas; international TV for $5m and let someone else do the work; sponsors/etc), you end up over $40m without counting the US PPV for the fight.

Folks are seriously undercounting the scope of this matchup
                  I hope they do it fast since Wilder has no fundamentals and he is a KO waiting to happen.

Comment

CSI Sports covered 50 countries, SuperSport covers another 20 countries in Africa, Canal Space brings another 15 countries from Latin America, and Main Event covers Australia/Oceana for something like another 15 countries.

MatchTV had the Russia rights, which can be assumed to have availability outside of Russia, but again, you can't be this stupid.

With even only this partial count, you're already over 110 nations.
                    So it doesn't match what Joshua does then? Right.

And do you think the people in those countries watch Wilder as much as they do Joshua? Ones a big star with appeal who fights meaningful fights, the other fights bums his whole career and has zero star quality.

Comment

I hope they do it fast since Wilder has no fundamentals and he is a KO waiting to happen.
                      Sleep on Deontay if you want, he's already got that nasty lead jab and a lead hook that's coming along nicely, good head movement, decent defense, and that bazooka of a straight right to the jaw.

Comment

Working...
                      X