Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Is Boxing About to Ask Fans to Dig Deeper Than Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So assuming you want to pay to see as much boxing as you can it will now cost roughly 50 bucks a month. For instance, I pay for HBO and Showtime just for boxing. Now I would have to pay for the ESPN app and Dazn on top of that. So all together we are looking at 50 bucks or so a month for boxing, not to mention still having to pay for PPV fights if you want to see them. Yes I know all about the other methods but if someone wants to get all their boxing legitimately, this is what it will cost. It's Absolutely absurd.

Comment

Great article!

In the mid 2000's I was paying nearly $80 a month for boxing. There was a PPV almost every month and I was a single guy in his early 20's making decent money. $50 for PPV and then $30 for HBO/SHO.

Now my Boxing budget looks like this.....

HBO (free) kind of. It's included in my unlimited plan with AT&T
      SHO $15
      ESPN+ $5
      Box Nation $16 (I may cancel since most of their fights are on ESPN or ESPN+ now.

So if I add DAZN for $15 and drop Box Nation that'll put my Boxing budget at $35 a month. I will gladly pay that and get more fights then I did in 2005-2007 when I was paying up to $80 a month. As long as less fights are on PPV and I get to see more international fights then I'm happy.

Comment

I'll pay for WBSS on DAZN. Those are fights that usually wouldn't be shown in the US. What I'm not paying for is Crawford or Lomachenko on ESPN plus because they could be shown on ESPN.

Comment

Working...
        X