Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Is Boxing About to Ask Fans to Dig Deeper Than Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Is Boxing About to Ask Fans to Dig Deeper Than Ever?

By Cliff Rold - Until MMA really got hot, it was fair to say no sport in the US cost its fans more money on a regular basis than boxing. Sure, the professional and college gridiron have long had extended coverage packages for the true superfan. Still, the Super Bowl, the Iron Bowl, even the "Nobody is in the stadium but we paid to advertise on a game between .500 teams" Bowl, were available to just about everyone...
    [Click Here To Read More]

As long as pbc stays on showtime I'm good. 8.99 a month fur the showtime app is well worth it.

Comment

It really depends on the quality of the shows on the network.

If DAZN gets WBSS, Hearn signs some really good fighters, and they secure some other popular sports as well, $15 dollars is **** all imo.

I was paying £12 (like $18 or so?) for Boxnation and that was well worth the money in comparison to the dedicated sports channels which were twice the price and then some. Obviously now it looks like the channel is getting mothballed and I un subbed due to the fact the quality has dropped massively.

At a guess this is going to aimed at people who want to stream the majority of their tv, so instead of a big cable package you spend money on streaming services. I do that now and there are pros and cons, i dont think you save much money, but the content is much more bespoke.

Comment

Fucc DAZN! I'm done paying for boxing! I'm already paying for HBO, Showtime, and ESPN ➕ aside from my regular satellite TV bill....
        Not paying for anymore boxing or apps! They can suck my fuccing dick!

Comment

Oscar was asked about hbo not currently invested in boxing and said hbo will be getting back in now that the at&t time Warner merger has been approved

Comment

I'll Read About It In The Morning

Boxing, both amateur, and professional, has been my life, but I cannot (and will not) pay for any more channels, apps or services for boxing, or any other sport, movie or event. There's a limit to everything, and this, unfortunately, will be mine. So, here's to Eddie Hearn, and Bob Arum....

Comment

There are numerous free sports streaming sites, such as FirstRow Sports and StreamHunter.

Comment

Dazn sounding pretty good right now

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                  Fucc DAZN! I'm done paying for boxing! I'm already paying for HBO, Showtime, and ESPN ➕ aside from my regular satellite TV bill....
                  Not paying for anymore boxing or apps! They can suck my fuccing dick!
                  ESPN+ doesnt even include ESPN Insider?? My subscription was up and I didnt renew thinking ESPN+ would have that at least also since they do articles all the time on how to bet fights. Shts FKN confusing....

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                    As long as pbc stays on showtime I'm good. 8.99 a month fur the showtime app is well worth it.
                    Thats what I do also is the Showtime add-on. Whats cool about that if their goes a month or 2 without any good fights Ill just cancel it until their is one. So no big deal there

HBO is the current BIGGEST rip-off with their SHT fights. And only ones worth a damn is on PPV. I mean holy SHT they couldn't even afford Postol/Crawford or even GGG/Spike.
                    Last edited by Shadoww702; 06-21-2018, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X