No announcement yet.

Finally got the chance to see Crawford-Horn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    I know it's Bob Arum and his nonsense, but how can anyone sit and watch the first 5 rounds of that fight and start talking about "Crawford is the second coming of Ray Leonard"?

Crawford in 8/9 was stellar, but imagine what Spence does to the Crawford that fought those first five rounds.
    He's definitely no Leonard, that comparison is ludicrous.

But he may not have to be anywhere as good as Leonard to beat Spence as Spence is no Hearns or Duran. Spence is beatable, Brook showed before the injury and gassing that he has weaknesses that can be exploited.

Crawford/Spence is a tough one to call. Both finish strongly, Spence grinds guys down with that pressure and body punching, Crawford once he has his range and timing takes people apart bit by bit with his accurate counters.

Comment

All I saw was Horn rushing in hoping to land a shot with no other plan. Horn is probably worst fighter I've seen since Carlos Molina.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubber Ducky View Post
        He's definitely no Leonard, that comparison is ludicrous.

But he may not have to be anywhere as good as Leonard to beat Spence as Spence is no Hearns or Duran. Spence is beatable, Brook showed before the injury and gassing that he has weaknesses that can be exploited.

Crawford/Spence is a tough one to call. Both finish strongly, Spence grinds guys down with that pressure and body punching, Crawford once he has his range and timing takes people apart bit by bit with his accurate counters.
        Personally, I rate Kell Brook extremely highly, so Spence basically fighting him 50/50 over their first 6 rounds (where both were trying to take the other guy late into the fight to drown them) wasn't a negative in my book.

Spence moves less than I'd like, but he's basically the perfect southpaw 147lb fighter; power in both hands, good to the head and body, good feet, defensively aware almost at all times, and always looking to overwhelm you without getting himself out of position to fire.

Crawford at 147lbs still leaves some questions, I'm.

Comment

Porter-Horn would end up being the ugliest, most foul-filled 6-round technical decision in boxing. No need to see that, imo.
          Who says it goes to decision?

I call a no contest due to headbutt double knockout in 6 rounds.

Comment

Y'all are buggin'.

Crawford was clearly a better fighter than Jeff Horn, and the damage that he did in rounds 8 and 9 definitely showed his class as a fighter, but folks were on here, harping as if 1-7 went that same way, lol.

Horn didn't win a round, but don't act like he got skunked; Horn was comfortably landing that split right hand whenever he wanted to throw it, Horn was landing in between Crawford's shots when he was throwing in combination, etc.

It was a good performance by Crawford, but how it stacks in the grand scheme of things is based on how highly you rate Jeff Horn, and no one rates Jeff Horn highly, lol.
            Nice summary. Horn is just a brute and it became funny how he tried to break rythem

Comment

why do some posters wait 1-2 weeks to make a thread like this?? i understand people gots other shiiet to do, etc. but if you waited until 1-2 weeks later to watch the fight, then just go and post in one of the many threads about the fight.

i feel posters choose to do this so that they can get their point across. the saw the fight, but wants to wait until the dusk settles, then they make a thread about it so that it doesnt get clutter up with the rest.

Comment

This people on this forum reach for anything...They need to make me a mod..I'd get rid of all you dumbasses within two days.

Comment

Was in general a really boring fight, a Crawford special. Drag out the first 5 rounds in a snoozer then turn on in the second half of the fight like Badou Jack.

Definitely not p4p for beating a bum in horn and anyone who thinks he deserves p4p for taking Horn out is on drugs

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    Who says it goes to decision?

I call a no contest due to headbutt double knockout in 6 rounds.
                    ^^^touche, lol

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                      why do some posters wait 1-2 weeks to make a thread like this?? i understand people gots other shiiet to do, etc. but if you waited until 1-2 weeks later to watch the fight, then just go and post in one of the many threads about the fight.

i feel posters choose to do this so that they can get their point across. the saw the fight, but wants to wait until the dusk settles, then they make a thread about it so that it doesnt get clutter up with the rest.
                      ... literally just watched the fight on Dailymotion before posting this, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X