Finally got the chance to see Crawford-Horn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got the chance to see Crawford-Horn

Y'all are buggin'.

Crawford was clearly a better fighter than Jeff Horn, and the damage that he did in rounds 8 and 9 definitely showed his class as a fighter, but folks were on here, harping as if 1-7 went that same way, lol.

Horn didn't win a round, but don't act like he got skunked; Horn was comfortably landing that split right hand whenever he wanted to throw it, Horn was landing in between Crawford's shots when he was throwing in combination, etc.

It was a good performance by Crawford, but how it stacks in the grand scheme of things is based on how highly you rate Jeff Horn, and no one rates Jeff Horn highly, lol.

Wait there were people who thought this fight was competitive?

Crawford was doing as he pleases after the first few rounds. Yeah he gets clipped a bit in the first 2 rounds but he's always been a slow starter.

Comment

Horn had bud beat, that blister prevented horn from winning...

Yep, blisters will cause a boxer to get the crap beat out of him.

Comment

I don't rate him highly in a p4p sense, but actually I rate him highly in the sense that I think he could throw most of the welterweights on the planet for a loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
          Y'all are buggin'.

Crawford was clearly a better fighter than Jeff Horn, and the damage that he did in rounds 8 and 9 definitely showed his class as a fighter, but folks were on here, harping as if 1-7 went that same way, lol.

Horn didn't win a round, but don't act like he got skunked; Horn was comfortably landing that split right hand whenever he wanted to throw it, Horn was landing in between Crawford's shots when he was throwing in combination, etc.

It was a good performance by Crawford, but how it stacks in the grand scheme of things is based on how highly you rate Jeff Horn, and no one rates Jeff Horn highly, lol.
          I gave The Hornet one round: the first. And I'm even more a fan now than before. He took some vicious shots and kept coming, kept throwing, kept fighting. The man is tough and I want Porter/Horn before I die. Maidana/Horn would have been awesome but that ship has sailed.

I said, to beat Horn, you can't allow yourself to get tossed around like Manny did. Do something about it. Bully back. And Crawford did exactly that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubber Ducky View Post
            Wait there were people who thought this fight was competitive?

Crawford was doing as he pleases after the first few rounds. Yeah he gets clipped a bit in the first 2 rounds but he's always been a slow starter.
            I know it's Bob Arum and his nonsense, but how can anyone sit and watch the first 5 rounds of that fight and start talking about "Crawford is the second coming of Ray Leonard"?

Crawford in 8/9 was stellar, but imagine what Spence does to the Crawford that fought those first five rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              I gave The Hornet one round: the first. And I'm even more a fan now than before. He took some vicious shots and kept coming, kept throwing, kept fighting. The man is tough and I want Porter/Horn before I die. Maidana/Horn would have been awesome but that ship has sailed.

I said, to beat Horn, you can't allow yourself to get tossed around like Manny did. Do something about it. Bully back. And Crawford did exactly that.
              Porter-Horn would end up being the ugliest, most foul-filled 6-round technical decision in boxing. No need to see that, imo.

Comment

Jeff didnt look anywere near his best in that fight.
                He seemed a step slower and not as strong as i have come to expect.
                I take nothing away from Bud though cause he did win every round and he was the stronger guy on the day.

Comment

Crawford has always looked beatable in the opening 2 rounds then he figures out the openings and his distance and it's pretty much over after that.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

You actually think Horn and Porter is a good fight and you like the punching bag horn now you probably have him winning too.

Comment

Working...
                    X