Golovkin vs Spence at a catchweight of 154lb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
    154 catch weight? You ate a fool
    LOL, Hello Boks! How have you been doing? Believe it or not. I've missed your sound, thought provoking posts.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      LOL, Hello Boks! How have you been doing? Believe it or not. I've missed your sound, thought provoking posts.
      That makes me feel appreciated

Comment

Spence will be up at 160 around late 2020 and he'll face GGG in one of his final fights but by that time I suspect GGG might already have at least one L

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          Spence will be up at 160 around late 2020 and he'll face GGG in one of his final fights but by that time I suspect GGG might already have at least one L
          I'd be amazed if GGG doesn't have a loss by then assuming he fights his mandatories - he's 36 already and visibly slowing down [as you'd expect for a mid-thirties athlete who I assume is not on PEDs] so by 2020 he'll be 38. Also, he'll likely have retired as he has no financial need to keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            Alright doc, I stand corrected. It was bad choice of words. Well can you at least answer the question for me please? Who wins between the two at a 154lb?
            If depends if Golovkin is not drained. If he is slightly drained, Golovkin TKO 10, if he is not drained, Golovkin TKO inside 5. If he is Canelo 152 drained, probably Spence U.D-S.D.

Spence taking on a Golovkin with his style, he would be a Bull trying to smash in against a Rhinocerous.

Comment

Not sure how drained Golovkin will be at 154. Just because someone was willing to come down in weight 5 years ago doesn't mean they'd be willing to do the same at 36 against a relatively unknown fighter.

If we're taking 2013 version of Golovkin draining to 154 and current Spence coming up, Golovkin by ko with 6.

Comment

golovkin has never fought at that 154 CW and apparently can only do it for Floyd....so its only fantasy

weird that he couldn't do it for canelo tho

Comment

Enough of this catch weight crap

Comment

I wish you would not throw my two favorite boxers in with each other. I think GGG is the world's best middleweight and Spence is the world's best welterweight. Spence only weighed 156 on fight night against Ocampo while Ocampo weighed 162. Spence isn't a big welterweight. At 154 GGG would still be too big and hard hitting for Spence and he would Knock him out in my opinion. Pound for pound I think they are equally good with and edge going to Spence because he is 28 to GGG's 36. Brook was asked who would win between GGG and Spence after he fought Spence and he said GGG would easily win because of his size, strength and punching power. That's why boxing has weight classes.

Comment

i dont think GGG can make that weight, if he did he would be definitely at less than 80%

Comment

Working...
                      X