WBC ordered Stevenson vs Gvozdyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
    How did this bum become the mandatory?
    You are a joke. Apparently you are one of those who claim to know boxing but just kidding themselves.
    We know Gvozdyk will nail him easy without even getting hit.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      But they didn't rank the champion of another organization. They granted his request to fight for Pascal's diamond title and to become the mandatory if he won. So he wasn't actually ranked, he was WBC diamond champion and named mandatory to the WBC world champion at his request. The WBC gave Kovalev everything he asked for and he still ducked Stevenson.
      I am with you 100% on Kov. He practically begged to be Adonis' mandatory, knowing it is supposedly against their own rules. When they granted Kov his request, Kov proved he didn't want the fight, he just wanted to make people think he did.

MDpopesco or whoever, gave a helpful link. It shows the WBC is corrupt, but not nearly as corrupt as they seem.

Hey, I do owe you a thank you from quite a while ago. You insisted the IBF wasn't corrupt, and as a boxing fan, I thought all four were completely corrupt. You were right. They don't take bribes and stick to their rules. Which ironically enough causes them to have some bum mandatory's sometimes and to strip big name, big money fighters.

Anyway, you explained how the four bodies work, and you were right. Our paths haven't crossed since then, but I do appreciate the insight. Gracias, my friend. It is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
        You are a joke. Apparently you are one of those who claim to know boxing but just kidding themselves.
        We know Gvozdyk will nail him easy without even getting hit.
        He’s just a name to me. What the hell has he ever done that I should remember him?

Comment

So your argument is that since Kovalev lobbied to become the mandatory, it's okay that he refused to take the fight once he was the mandatory?
          If you think that's what my argument is, there's no point trying to explain it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
            Hey, I do owe you a thank you from quite a while ago. You insisted the IBF wasn't corrupt, and as a boxing fan, I thought all four were completely corrupt. You were right. They don't take bribes and stick to their rules. Which ironically enough causes them to have some bum mandatory's sometimes and to strip big name, big money fighters.

Anyway, you explained how the four bodies work, and you were right. Our paths haven't crossed since then, but I do appreciate the insight. Gracias, my friend. It is appreciated.
            Always happy to help. I personally want all four sanctioning bodies to go out of business, but they should all still be judged fairly and not treated as identical. The WBO was literally founded by the head of the WBA bribery ring after Arum exposed him and he was blacklisted by the WBA. So the levels of corruption have always varied from group to group.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              If you think that's what my argument is, there's no point trying to explain it to you.
              Maybe you're just a troll that doesn't understand what his own argument is? Because you're praising Kovalev for pursuing the fight, even though he turned the fight down once it was offered. So should we really give him credit for asking to be mandatory if he refused to fight once the fight was ordered?

Comment

Maybe you're just a troll that doesn't understand what his own argument is? Because you're praising Kovalev for pursuing the fight, even though he turned the fight down once it was offered. So should we really give him credit for asking to be mandatory if he refused to fight once the fight was ordered?
                The fight was never "offered" to Kovalev and he never turned it down. Stevenson's promoter refused to negotiate with Duva and asked the WBC for an immediate purse bid instead. Duva wasn't ready for a bid so Kovalev had to withdraw from his mandatory position.

That's what happened.

Comment

The fight was never "offered" to Kovalev and he never turned it down. Stevenson's promoter refused to negotiate with Duva and asked the WBC for an immediate purse bid instead. Duva wasn't ready for a bid so Kovalev had to withdraw from his mandatory position.

That's what happened.
                  Watch out bro, he's a promoter for 20 years and works for the ABC organizations for 30.

Comment

wasnt READY for a bid!?!!

theyre the side that demanded the fight! why did they demand a fight they werent "ready" for?

stop drinking the kool aid. theyre bluff was called and they folded. plain and simple.

Comment

wasnt READY for a bid!?!!

theyre the side that demanded the fight! why did they demand a fight they werent "ready" for?

stop drinking the kool aid. theyre bluff was called and they folded. plain and simple.
                      Duva wasn't ready for a bid = Kovalev wasn't ready for the fight?

When you have to resort to hiding behind semantics you've lost the argument.

When you have to resort to hiding behind your promoters money to keep your title - like Superduck - you don't deserve to call yourself a champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X