No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
    And how could I prove my innocence? The only edit around that time stems from UK, and I am not from there. So there's that

You clearly don't know boxing.
    I did point out last time that i am not sure how you get from "not knowing about wiki" to "not knowing about boxing". but you keep repeating the comment so you obviously want to wear it out as an argument. feel free.

Is Murata a champion?
    of course hes not. "reg" is what used to be the number 1 contender.

You dont seem like a bad egg, I like your posts dont get me wrong, i think you are just being a little zealous as a fan.
    Last edited by DreamFighter; 06-18-2018, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BO$$NELO View Post
      No. I cant.

Most boxers with legacies rated above 7 have 2+ division championship runs and/or they've unified at least 1 division.

Terrence Crawford and Vasylo Lomachenko already have careers that Gennady could never reach. He's too old and it's too late. Sadly Gennady chose to turn pro late and fight cab drivers for a long time.

Lomachenko ALSO stayed amateur a long time, but he was fighting for championships his 2nd fight in. The dude has captured championship belts in three divisions by 11 fights and already has 8 or 9 champion opponents.

Gennady - 1 champion opponent every 8 fights OR 1 champion opponent every 10 fights that's not two weight classes smaller

Loma - 8 champion opponents every 11 fights across three weight classes...and dont whine about age and weight classes. Loma was clearly smaller than Jorge and STILL got it done in impressive fashion
      Gennady is earning over 50m this past two years. He can't reach Crawford or Lomachenko's career? This forum, I swear. You folks are detached from reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by animelive View Post
        Gennady is earning over 50m this past two years. He can't reach Crawford or Lomachenko's career? This forum, I swear. You folks are detached from reality.
        If you are being honest, its likely they will have both surpassed GGG's four year title stint. You must know this. Likely, but not guaranteed.

However I would add the waver that none of the three have finished careers yet - everything could change. GGG may go on till hes 40, Terence might get hit by a bus tomorrow, or vice versa.

I agree that 3G is rich now and the arguable number 1 P4P, which is pretty amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
          3g is danny and canelo.
          prior to them, he didnt do anything special.

if it took him this long to get big fights made, he wasted his career with that ''team'' of his.

i know, i know.....''no one wanted to fight him.''
          He is one of the more richer boxers of current times and is in most p4p lists. I can't seem to pinpoint where he failed and wasted away is career. I'm sure the majority of active boxers today dream of being in his place and getting to where he has.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
            I did point out last time that i am not sure how you get from "not knowing about wiki" to "not knowing about boxing". but you keep repeating the comment so you obviously want to wear it out as an argument. feel free.

of course hes not. "reg" is what used to be the number 1 contender.

You dont seem like a bad egg, I like your posts dont get me wrong, i think you are just being a little zealous as a fan.
            WBA calls him a champion.
            http://www.wbaboxing.com/boxing-news...ra-make-weight

Comment

• Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
              they call it the reg title. Its not the world title that they are referring to.

At some point you'll see its just an attempt to con more money from people.

Comment

• Initially his career was mismanaged. Despite being a decorated amateur, nobody knew who the hell he was for the first 5 or 6 years of his career. Once he was known, the division dried up and he was avoided by some of the top fighters.

The division has since heated up but I don't know where he'd rank all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                  As secure and legit Hopkins and Mayweather’s legacy at the very least.
                  LMAO

Put down the Crack pipe..

Comment

• Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
                    This. All of mayweather's best hall of fame wins were against guys way past their prime. At least ggg would get a win over a prime canelo.
                    Mayweather's win over a PRIME *undefeated* Diego Corrales trumps anything Bumlovkin is likely to ever do in his career...

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldub View Post
                      And no a title defense starts when you own a belt, interim or not. Not saying its a good thing but its how stats are counted. GGG has 20 defenses, you literally can't dispute it lol
                      Interim titles are NOT World titles. Geale, NOT Bumlovkin, was the *World* Champion in the WBA before his title was stripped and handed to Bumlovkin on a sliver platter.

FACTS. Learn to live with them...

Comment

Working...
                      X