No announcement yet.

Arum: When Spence vs. Crawford can sell 500k PPV buys we'll start to talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    Right, and even then both guys are ratings juggernauts relative to the modern boxing landscape. Broner, even after being whooped multiple times and being a subpar elite talent, still puts up huge ratings. Thurman did huge ratings with Guerrero, Garcia, Porter and will likely do some big numbers for his return fight. This just shows that some guys just have that IT factor and some don't.
    Yeah, Spence has more room to grow... Crawford has been champ for four years and is about to be 31. When is he supposed to become this big PPV star??

I think Arum is going to push for Pacquiao-Lomachenko... he seems to favor Lomachenko a little more, which is fair because Loma does seem to have a bit more hype behind him.

Crawford, by challenging Horn, pretty much put the brakes on any growth in the sport for the time being. If he had taken the mandatory challenger position offered by the WBC, due to being camp at 140, he could be fighting Garcia or Porter (or the winner) for Thurmans title, which would be massive exposure, and then the Horn fight would have still been there. But he's going to stay in-house I guess.
    Last edited by paulf; 06-17-2018, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I don’t see why it can’t right now with proper promotion get jerry Jones and warren buffet on board.

Comment

Might as well put it on regular tv

Comment

Not a lot of options for Crawford at 147

Comment

Working...
          X