No announcement yet.

Arum: When Spence vs. Crawford can sell 500k PPV buys we'll start to talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
    They still need to be built up to the casual audience. No one outside of hardcore boxing fans know who Spence or Crawford are. It won’t even sell 300k buys if it happens next year.
    How you build them up when there isn't anyone to fight? Manny don't wanna fight Bud. Thurman don't seem to wanna fight Spence til its his cashout fight. Who else is there to build there name against?

Have to put these mfers in some Dan vs Dave Ole School Olympic ads for Burger King or some sh^t to help the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      How you build them up when there isn't anyone to fight? Manny don't wanna fight Bud. Thurman don't seem to wanna fight Spence til its his cashout fight. Who else is there to build there name against?

Have to put these mfers in some Dan vs Dave Ole School Olympic ads for Burger King or some sh^t to help the fight.
      Basically just the Pacquiao fight would do that. Regardless of how old he is now he still draws in a big audience. If Crawford or Spence were the guy to destroy Pacquiao than they would definitely be more well known. Maybe a fight against Broner could help Crawford since say what you want of Broner as a fighter but he pulls in an audience. Have Spence vs. Pacquiao & Crawford vs. Broner or vice versa next year & that could help a bit. I don’t think Spence would be willing to fight Broner though since they’re still friends as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
        Basically just the Pacquiao fight would do that. Regardless of how old he is now he still draws in a big audience. If Crawford or Spence were the guy to destroy Pacquiao than they would definitely be more well known. Maybe a fight against Broner could help Crawford since say what you want of Broner as a fighter but he pulls in an audience. Have Spence vs. Pacquiao & Crawford vs. Broner or vice versa next year & that could help a bit. I don’t think Spence would be willing to fight Broner though since they’re still friends as far as I know.
        Manny don't wanna fight Bud. We don't know if Manny gets past Lucas or fights past Lucas & I still contend that Lucas fight is likely not to happen at all (randomly Arum is getting suspect about it finally himself with him thinking its less likely now as of a week or so ago) so we might have seen Manny's last fight already for all we know.

And idk about Broner. He's obviously a draw, but he's not blown up Shawn Porter exactly. And Mikey isn't all that himself. I think even casuals know Broner isn't tip top anymore so Spence or Bud beating him isn't gonna do that much for either of them.

There aren't any big name established great Mexicans who helped Manny & Floyd become bigger on their way up.

Idk who these guys beat to make a fight between them THAT f#cking big besides Manny & Thurman. Of which neither are rushing to a fight with Bud or Spence respectively. I wish I did see more guys out there to build their name bigger off of.

Comment

What is funny is even Loma and Mikey, two tiny dudes seem to get more attention than Spence or Crawford. The reason is they are not camera shy.

Comment

Because no fights that ever do below 500k are ever booked on PPV are they? Derp derp.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Arum said this last week. So stop with the "Spence don't want to fight Crawford" narrative. Arum already said he won't even entertain the fight until they can do 500k PPV. Spence is being realistic with his options as of now. And he's doing his part building his name and drawing power

Think even Pac-Man right now is struggling to crack 500k buys

Comment

It'll be at least 2020 when Spence is finished fighting the Garcia/Porter winner and Thurman. Crawford will be busy fighting Top Rank's lot of undefeated welterweights in the meantime. Crawford's happiness with Top Rank will depend on Bob's ability to convince Manny to fight him too. I can't see Crawford being too happy spending the next 2 years fighting Benavidez, Kavaliauskas, Adames, and Ponomarev without a Pacquiao fight being mixed in there.

Comment

The era of PPV is over.

As far as Crawford vs Manny, it won’t draw because Crawford is a deaf mute with no personality.

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
                    Because no fights that ever do below 500k are ever booked on PPV are
                    they? Derp derp.
                    These fights need to be on non PPV. These guys aren’t very popular. Especially Crawford.

Comment

I’m ok with promoters saying that. I’m not ok with fighters saying that. Talk **** and build the fight up.

Comment

Working...
                      X