Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loma, "I want Mikey"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Loma outclasses Mikey, the haters will call it a fix.

Comment

Might be the best fight to make in boxing currently, competing only with the top dogs at welterweight

Comment

People mentioning Rigo - Loma said himself before it he would lose either way. If he won, he beat a small old man. If he got beat, he lost to a small old man. He already knew what people would say.

Garcia has mastered boxings textbook. Loma mastered picking apart that book. If they were the same size it would be a no contest, Loma would eat him alive but Mikey is a big guy for his weight and a fast guy for his strength. Bigger and faster than Linares. Linares broke down when he couldn't quick step with Loma. People don't give him enough credit, the fact he was even able to get off. Rigo couldn't even figure out how to get started. He lasted until he wasn't fast enough. Loma also hadnt encountered someone who throws anyway, even when its stupid too. He nearly paid for his overconfidence. If Mikey clips him like that, it's over. Will he be fast enough to overcome Lomas angles? Is Loma skilled enough to walk the tightrope for the required length of time? Good match up. Only happening as Linares clipped him, Garcia camp said 5 years last year. Tells you all about.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
          Completely irrelevant. If Loma doesn't rate it, why should we you idiot? These are two completely different fights.

You sound like you come from a weak second tier boxing nation. What's your ethnicity?
          So if he doesnt rate it then what was the point of taking the fight to begin with??

Comment

Ha some poster just had a thread up yesterday saying asoon as Garcia talks about Loma you dont hear a peak out of him.
            Well i guess this shuts down that opinion. Lol.

Comment

Nice video. I like hearing Loma's interviews when he is speaking English - he seems to be getting better and more fluent all the time.

The guy trains like next level stuff. Like everything he does it aimed at achieving unreal perfection. Plus some of it is just plain cool, like when he is walking on his hands and swapping from walking on his palms to walking on his knuckles and back.

Hopefully his shoulder heals up properly. He seems to want the best fights, and I want to see the best version of Loma in against Mikey.

I like how he is also honest in his assessments. He doesn't dismiss a fight with Pac, but he says it like it is - Pac is now too old for it to be interesting for him.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                Careful what you ask for. I think Loma is great but Mikey may have his number.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_Guy View Post
                  When Loma outclasses Mikey, the haters will call it a fix.
                  Either that or the classic “He (Garcia here) was garbage. Loma ducking doe he don’t want it doe. Bob Arum doe.

He’s one of those fighters for reasons I think we know what reason some have closed their minds on and decided he ain’t **** and no matter how many guys they pick to beat him and prove them wrong will never get credit.

Boxing fans in 2018.

Comment

If Lomachenko truly wants Garcia, he is getting way ahead of himself and aiming to shoot above his level...

He's on the shelf recovering from an intensive shoulder surgery...needs to get cleared to fight, take on a tune up, and see where he's at first...

If all goes well, he'll be eligible to re-enter in the Top 5 P4P....but concerning that matchup with Garcia?...he would get beaten up and humbled.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                      So if he doesnt rate it then what was the point of taking the fight to begin with??
                      It's a valid question, especially with the defense that people currently use to validate why they think the Mikey fight will happen. Loma apparently only signed as he can fight who he wants, yet publicly was very vocal about how this was one fight he could not win, and that they settled on it as he couldn't get a unification. I guess Bob probably convinced him behind the scenes of Rigo but its odd to see people say he will deffo fight garcia due to his contract but also that he doesn't rate the Rigo fight.

Just observations really, I quoted you as you were on the topic but its not really directed at a single person.

Edit: and for context, this time last year I was a fan of both fighters, actions speak louder than words though and finally I am seeing through Mikey, despite his skills. He is budget Money Mayweather, who never had Pretty Boy phase. While Loma just solidifies himself more and more.

Comment

Working...
                      X