Who's fault is it GGG got stripped by IBF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    so what happened to may 5th?

that was the deal that the IBF had for granting the pass to fight vanes martirosyan instead of derevyanchenko on may 5th.... thats why the august date comes up
    Weird thing was if he just hadn't fought anyone on May the 5th he would still technically be on the WBCs position in the mandatory rotation. In fact, the WBC still did consider him to be obligated to them. What's slightly odd is that the IBF jumped in when technically it was still the WBCs turn. Ain't really gonna blame the IBF cos I think that it's the job of the orgs to make sure their contenders get a shot, but the whole situation was slightly odd. I mean the purpose of the sanction orgs allowing unified titlists to defend in rotation is exactly to prevent this sort of situation arising yet somehow just by taking a short notice 'filler' fight Golovkin apparently broke the system.

EDIT: What should probably have happened was that the WBC should have immediately ordered GGG to face Jermall when Canelo withdrew. Course - they weren't gonna do that cos Mauricio really wants Canelo to get another shot. In the absence of decisive action from the WBC it looks like the IBF just kinda jumped the gun. Unusual situation all round, really.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 06-14-2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

oh its true

i wasnt aware, ty. thats not good on 3G, perhaps he really is thinking hes gone downhill.

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
        But then why wasn't Golovkin named the champion at that time? He just beat Jacobs the #2.

April 2017
        Middleweight
        Champion: Saul Alvarez
        1. Gennady Golovkin
        2. Daniel Jacobs
        3. David Lemieux
        4. Billy Joe Saunders
        5. Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam
        6. Chris Eubank Jr.
        7. Avtandil Khurtsidze
        8. Sergiy Derevyanchenko
        9. Jorge Sebastian Heiland
        10. Ryota Murata

May 2017
        Middleweight
        Champion: Open
        1. Gennady Golovkin
        2. Saul Alvarez
        3. Daniel Jacobs
        4. David Lemieux
        5. Billy Joe Saunders
        6. Avtandil Khurtsidze
        7. Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam
        8. Chris Eubank Jr.
        9. Sergiy Derevyanchenko
        10. Jorge Sebastian Heiland

They put Canelo at #2 & left the Champion open, what was the point? He had wins over the #2 & #3 fighters in April. If they thought he wasn't a MW then why was he in the next month's rankings?
        thats cuz in march canelo was still "king" when the ggg and jacobs fight happened...... that whole abduction thing with canelo happened after the fight where canelo was pushed down to #2 and ggg at #1 while the lineal title was vacated

Canelo recently stated plainly that he is not the middleweight champion. He said he used to be, but no longer is. That’s an abdication. He plainly disavowed any notion that he is the champion and we are bound to follow that statement. If he made that statement after the GGG-Canelo announcement, we would have been bound to follow it then as well. In fact, you may or may not know that we were very close to declaring the middleweight throne open in February given a number of clear indications in GBP statements that Canelo had effectively abdicated, but after he stated his intention to fight at middleweight in the fall, we exercised caution.

If we, as you imply, were prone to shenanigans, we would have declared his abdication then, in time for #1 vs. #2 (GGG-Jacobs). But we didn’t.

What happened was very simple. Canelo announced his abdication, we declared the middleweight throne open. No mistake. Once that happened, we had to decide where to rank him at middleweight -if at all. Many members, including this one, fought the thought that he should be ranked near the top –but we lost. Canelo went from the throne to #3.
        https://www.tbrb.org/mission/

i know what you mean tho

Comment

thats cuz in march canelo was still "king" when the ggg and jacobs fight happened...... that whole abduction thing with canelo happened after the fight where canelo was pushed down to #2 and ggg at #1 while the lineal title was vacated

https://www.tbrb.org/mission/

i know what you mean tho
          Let's remember that Canelo dropped the WBC belt in June of '16 & fought Smith for 154 title in Sept '16. This was almost a full year prior to them removing Canelo as the champ. Golovkin fought Jacobs in March '17 when both were ranked #1 & #2 for a clear line to establish new lineage. As I said, they're all flawed & politics has a lot to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Weird thing was if he just hadn't fought anyone on May the 5th he would still technically be on the WBCs position in the mandatory rotation. In fact, the WBC still did consider him to be obligated to them. What's slightly odd is that the IBF jumped in when technically it was still the WBCs turn. Ain't really gonna blame the IBF cos I think that it's the job of the orgs to make sure their contenders get a shot, but the whole situation was slightly odd. I mean the purpose of the sanction orgs allowing unified titlists to defend in rotation is exactly to prevent this sort of situation arising yet somehow just by taking a short notice 'filler' fight Golovkin apparently broke the system.

EDIT: What should probably have happened was that the WBC should have immediately ordered GGG to face Jermall when Canelo withdrew. Course - they weren't gonna do that cos Mauricio really wants Canelo to get another shot. In the absence of decisive action from the WBC it looks like the IBF just kinda jumped the gun. Unusual situation all round, really.
            reason was that he just got the wbc belt "upgraded" so technically the IBF was in rotation for th defense since his last one for that belt was dominic wade

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
            i wasnt aware, ty. thats not good on 3G, perhaps he really is thinking hes gone downhill.
            I put the blame more on tom loeff......

Let's remember that Canelo dropped the WBC belt in June of '16 & fought Smith for 154 title in Sept '16. This was almost a full year prior to them removing Canelo as the champ. Golovkin fought Jacobs in March '17 when both were ranked #1 & #2 for a clear line to establish new lineage. As I said, they're all flawed & politics has a lot to do with it.
            yup yup.... tbrb uses the quote of when canelo said hes not mw etc.....

thats the timeline they are using.... its in the links of the transnational that I provided

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              are you getting a cut of floyd mayweather's paycheck?

that lil G grew up in a much rougher part of the world than you've ever been to
              wtf does floyd have to do with any of this?

and you dont even know where I grew up at.....

where did you happen to grow up?

cuz where im from my block was riddled with gangs, shootings and drugs so go fuck yourself

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i'm supposed to like the IBF now?

wade beat the fighter with a losing record that derevyenchenko just fought

again, this is not about a guy named sergiy, adn you know it.
                im not paraking in this "ducking sergiy" thing or any of that......im just saying.....sergiy beat the guy that was actually rated ahead of wade at the time wade fought golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                  im not paraking in this "ducking sergiy" thing or any of that......im just saying.....sergiy beat the guy that was actually rated ahead of wade at the time wade fought golovkin
                  I think most understand that, the OP even created a thread a couple months back to remind everyone of the key part you left out...WHY Golovkin was forced to fight Wade vs Tureano...because he withdrew from an injury. Otherwise we'd all be putting him down as another felled opponent on the long list of GGG can crushing while Wade vs Dev would have been the ordered next eliminator.

“This is treated as a normal mandatory fight,” IBF spokesperson Jeanette Salazar confirmed to BoxingScene.com. “[W]e always move on to the leading available contender (in the event of the mandatory dropping out). We would only move on (sooner) if (Wade) wasn’t available.”

Comment

I think most understand that, the OP even created a thread a couple months back to remind everyone of the key part you left out...WHY Golovkin was forced to fight Wade vs Tureano...because he withdrew from an injury. Otherwise we'd all be putting him down as another felled opponent on the long list of GGG can crushing while Wade vs Dev would have been the ordered next eliminator.

“This is treated as a normal mandatory fight,” IBF spokesperson Jeanette Salazar confirmed to BoxingScene.com. “[W]e always move on to the leading available contender (in the event of the mandatory dropping out). We would only move on (sooner) if (Wade) wasn’t available.”
                    im well aware of why wade replaced johnson...just saying...sergiy beat that guy that was actually supposed to fight golovkin.....sergiy is just as good of a mando as any, for that crap organization, despite his short record

Comment

yup I remember making that

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      im well aware of why wade replaced johnson...just saying...sergiy beat that guy that was actually supposed to fight golovkin.....sergiy is just as good of a mando as any, for that crap organization, despite his short record
                      true that

Comment

Working...
                      X