No announcement yet.

Who's fault is it GGG got stripped by IBF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Man you are on some victim sh^t I don't even get.

So if you lose your job & your gf/wife cheats on you then its your fault she got some new dick cuz you lost your job is what you are telling me. You gave her no choice but to jump on some new dick lol. She's innocent or at a minimum not as at fault as you are for her cheating?
    Look man, you're a really good poster, but we obviously have a difference of opinion. I blame IBF for majority of it. If I had to pick between Canelo and Golovkin, I'll stick with Canelo since he was the root cause of it.

Golovkin's course of action was set once Canelo pulled out but they still had a template for the rematch in place. Golovkin wasn't going to fight anyone too dangerous, with possible exception of Saunders. No Jacobs, no Charlo, no Sergiy. They're not worth risking a rematch against career rival for. Yes, Golovkin could have done many things to preserve the IBF. He could have fought SD on May 5th, and he could have signed up for the fight after Vanes. But he didn't, just like nobody else in his position didn't either. The core reason for that is Canelo pulling out of a rematch.

Your comparison is funny, but a better one (to me) is Tyson Fury losing the IBF. Yeah, he could have fought his mandatory challenger instead of honoring the contractual rematch against Wlad. But he didn't, and nobody blames him.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      Look man, you're a really good poster, but we obviously have a difference of opinion. I blame IBF for majority of it.
      The IBF has clear & concise rules they ACTUALLY follow unlike the other ABC Groups. How the eff is this mostly their fault?!?!?

GGG was told he had a mandatory. He said cool. He said he wanted to fight May 5 vs Vanes doe. IBF said cool....but you gotta talk to Derevyanchenko & schedule a fight within 30(?) days of May 5. GGG said cool. GGG didn't do that.

What did the IBF do wrong here? I'm all for sh^tting on ABC Groups don't get me wrong, but this seemed like one of the least corrupt, most straight forward situations I've ever seen a ABC Group in.

Tyson Fury just woke up to the news his belt was gone lol, Plenty of others have had that happen to. The IBF did all they could with their power to insure GGG knew his situation & what he needed to do AND GGG agreed to it. If I agree to the rules you told me & I disregard them ultimately how is that your fault?

If I had to pick between Canelo and Golovkin, I'll stick with Canelo since he was the root cause of it.
      Crazytown.

Golovkin's course of action was set once Canelo pulled out but they still had a template for the rematch in place.
      No it wasn't. He could've not fought anyone on May 5 & fought his mandatory in June for example. That was on the table. He could've scheduled his mandatory fight, as he said he would, within 30 days of the Vanes fight. He had legit outs here. He didn't wanna take them despite playing along like he would.

Your comparison is funny, but a better one (to me) is Tyson Fury losing the IBF. Yeah, he could have fought his mandatory challenger instead of honoring the contractual rematch against Wlad. But he didn't, and nobody blames him.
      Thats a entirely different situation. Fury is an aloof mfer to say the least so it wouldn't be the least bit surprising to learn he had no clue if he signed a rematch clause, which likely got him a extra 500k or mill or something like that, with Klitschko that could threaten him keeping one of his belts if he should win. So I suppose you can blame that on him for his aloofness, but the IBF gave him zero outs they just took his belt lol.

GGG had options & kept nodding his head as he knew he wasn't going to follow through with them. There isn't a doubt in my mind GGG & his team knew they wouldn't offer Derevyanchenko a deal they just wanted to beat up Vanes on Canelo's date as some dog pissing on the carpet in some other dogs house type sh^t. And fair play to GGG in wanting to diss Canelo like this, but cost of it was he lost that belt of his own decision making not Canelo's.

Agree to disagree doe I just don't know how you are getting 5 outta 2+2.

Comment

Clearly GGG. You have to be really dumb to blame anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          The IBF has clear & concise rules they ACTUALLY follow unlike the other ABC Groups. How the eff is this mostly their fault?!?!?

GGG was told he had a mandatory. He said cool. He said he wanted to fight May 5 vs Vanes doe. IBF said cool....but you gotta talk to Derevyanchenko & schedule a fight within 30(?) days of May 5. GGG said cool. GGG didn't do that.

What did the IBF do wrong here? I'm all for sh^tting on ABC Groups don't get me wrong, but this seemed like one of the least corrupt, most straight forward situations I've ever seen a ABC Group in.

Tyson Fury just woke up to the news his belt was gone lol, Plenty of others have had that happen to. The IBF did all they could with their power to insure GGG knew his situation & what he needed to do AND GGG agreed to it. If I agree to the rules you told me & I disregard them ultimately how is that your fault?

Crazytown.

No it wasn't. He could've not fought anyone on May 5 & fought his mandatory in June for example. That was on the table. He could've scheduled his mandatory fight, as he said he would, within 30 days of the Vanes fight. He had legit outs here. He didn't wanna take them despite playing along like he would.

Thats a entirely different situation. Fury is an aloof mfer to say the least so it wouldn't be the least bit surprising to learn he had no clue if he signed a rematch clause, which likely got him a extra 500k or mill or something like that, with Klitschko that could threaten him keeping one of his belts if he should win. So I suppose you can blame that on him for his aloofness, but the IBF gave him zero outs they just took his belt lol.

GGG had options & kept nodding his head as he knew he wasn't going to follow through with them. There isn't a doubt in my mind GGG & his team knew they wouldn't offer Derevyanchenko a deal they just wanted to beat up Vanes on Canelo's date as some dog pissing on the carpet in some other dogs house type sh^t. And fair play to GGG in wanting to diss Canelo like this, but cost of it was he lost that belt of his own decision making not Canelo's.

Agree to disagree doe I just don't know how you are getting 5 outta 2+2.
          That bolded paragraph is exactly what I'm talking about. Yes, he knew he wasn't going to fight Sergiy. Yes, he knew vanes is an easier fight, a stay busy fight waiting for Canelo.

You're right, those are legitimate options. My argument is that no boxer in the world would exercise those options to risk Canelo rematch. You have a legitimate option to stab yourself in your d1ck with a fork right now. You very easily can, nothing is stopping you. But you don't, just like no sane person in your place would.

The root cause was Canelos PED test. If he didn't piss dirty, we don't have this argument. He left Golovkin only one logical path to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Derevyanchenko was available and willing to fight.

The blame falls squarely on Golovkin for swerving him in favor of a 154-lber who hadn't fought in 2 years.
            I just dont understand why is it for some posters here to get this.....

I just dont really... it boggles my mind

there's no way people can be THIS ignorant and keep ignoring this fact

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
              How can he fight sergey in august when he had plans to fight canelo in september?
              so what happened to may 5th?

that was the deal that the IBF had for granting the pass to fight vanes martirosyan instead of derevyanchenko on may 5th.... thats why the august date comes up

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
                Fighting Dev in August was not your poll though. Says he should have fought him May 5 on short notice, with no contract & not even an ordered mando until 4/27. Hardly seems reasonable to me. We all know why he didn't fight him this summer, because he just worked the rematch. Both these reasons are very understandable & should be totally acceptable. He's fighting the #2 MW that is also the lineal champ for big $ over an unknown 12-0 boxer that brings nothing to the table. So he sacrificed a belt, this happens all the time (even by HOF'rs) for much lesser reasons.

Poll: "GGG- he should've fought Derevyanchenko, his mando, on may 5th not martirosyan"
                he hasn't fought an IBF mando since dominic wade... almost 2 years now.....

canelo got popped for peds and was suspended.... then ggg had to pick a replacement fighter basically.... derevyanchenko and his promoter saw the opportunity rise and since they are the mandatory for the belt they wanted to fight on may 5th...

ggg and his team PASSED on that fight, his mando, and fought vanes martirosyan instead on may 5th. and so what if it was a short notice for ggg it DOES NOT AFFECT him in anyway. He had a full training camp etc the only one that was at a disadvantage was derevyanchenko

oh and idk if you read of not but canelo isn't the lineal champ anymore....

the winner of this fight would have to fight bjs in order to crown a new lineal champion imo

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                  Both choices are stupid, but I put more blame on Canelo.

Everyone knew the rematch talks would reignite afterwards. That he wouldn't accept a fight against mandatory if there's a bigger fight available.
                  canelo wasn't available on may 5th since he got suspended for peds.....

derevyanchenko was available for may 5th and he passed on that fight to fight vanes.... derev btw was his mando and was ready, able and willing to fight on may 5th for that ibf title hes mando to.

there was no bigger fight for ggg on may 5th weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    he hasn't fought an IBF mando since dominic wade... almost 2 years now.....

canelo got popped for peds and was suspended.... then ggg had to pick a replacement fighter basically.... derevyanchenko and his promoter saw the opportunity rise and since they are the mandatory for the belt they wanted to fight on may 5th...

ggg and his team PASSED on that fight, his mando, and fought vanes martirosyan instead on may 5th. and so what if it was a short notice for ggg it DOES NOT AFFECT him in anyway. He had a full training camp etc the only one that was at a disadvantage was derevyanchenko

oh and idk if you read of not but canelo isn't the lineal champ anymore....

the winner of this fight would have to fight bjs in order to crown a new lineal champion imo
                    Already agreed that he passed on it, but with good reason. Both fighters were at a disadvantage to fight on less than 1 month notice. Mentioned not having 30 days to negotiate fight or even promote it. Dev (and others) said they'd step in when it was still going to be an HBO PPV. Once that was canceled by HBO you didn't hear the same chirping. There's nothing saying that Dev would have even taken the $225k that O'Sullivan turned down. A top contender was never going to materialize for a May 5th fight on 3 weeks notice. Much more plausible for Golovkin to take one on during the summer...which he is.

Canelo was stripped of the Ring title, the Lineal title can not be stripped, it's only the man who beat the man. Two different things.

Comment

Originally posted by S7V7N View Post
                      Already agreed that he passed on it, but with good reason. Both fighters were at a disadvantage to fight on less than 1 month notice. Mentioned not having 30 days to negotiate fight or even promote it. Dev (and others) said they'd step in when it was still going to be an HBO PPV. Once that was canceled by HBO you didn't hear the same chirping. There's nothing saying that Dev would have even taken the $225k that O'Sullivan turned down. A top contender was never going to materialize for a May 5th fight on 3 weeks notice. Much more plausible for Golovkin to take one on during the summer...which he is.

Canelo was stripped of the Ring title, the Lineal title can not be stripped, it's only the man who beat the man. Two different things.
                      transnational boxing rankings have lineal as vacated especially when canelo, after the cotto fight, won a title at 154 lbs when he moved back down to super welter...... "technically" the ring title "determines" who is the lineal champion (we all know gbp bought that shiiit soooooooo)

on the other subject matter......

complete and total hogwash:

Tom Loeffler, Golovkin’s promoter, told BoxingScene.com for a story posted Friday that, “Derevyanchenko wasn’t up to fighting May 5.”

DiBella and Connolly contend that is the furthest thing from the truth.

“That’s a complete lie,” DiBella told BoxingScene.com. “Sergiy was available the whole way. Tom knows that.”

Derevyanchenko’s team made it clear publicly after the suspended Alvarez withdrew April 3 that Derevyanchenko was willing to take that difficult fight against Golovkin on short notice. DiBella, Connolly, Derevyanchenko and an attorney representing the undefeated contender will attend Tuesday’s hearing, as will Golovkin, Loeffler and an attorney for Golovkin.

“As far as Loeffler coming out and saying recently Sergiy wasn’t ready to fight May 5, so it really didn’t push him back, that’s a flat-out lie,” Connolly told BoxingScene.com. “Tom knows damn well Sergiy was ready and willing to fight Golovkin on May 5th. We publicly said we were willing to fight May 5th. There are also several letters that were sent to Tom and the IBF, stating we were ready to take the fight on that date.
                      https://www.boxingscene.com/manager-...now-it--128378

Also money was not an issue for derevyanchenko and his camp:

“If it’s a mandatory, you need to promote that fight properly, you can’t promote it on three weeks’ notice,” Loeffler said to The Press Telegram.

“Even if Derevyanchenko was willing to take short money, why should Triple G be short-changed for a mandatory situation?”
                      https://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin...er-pay--127379

Tom Loeffler was asked, rather than dragging out the search for Canelo Alvarez’s replacement any longer, why doesn’t Golovkin just fight Sergiy Derevyanchenko on May 5? The unbeaten, unknown Ukrainian is the mandatory challenger for Golovkin’s IBF middleweight title and the primary reason Loeffler hasn’t been able to announce an opponent for Golovkin’s upcoming fight, tentatively scheduled for three weeks from Saturday night.

“It’s a pretty simple answer, and I don’t really wanna get into the discussions [I’ve had] with Lou,” Loeffler said. “But we feel, under a reduced television fee, under a condensed schedule for marketing a fight, not only would it be disadvantageous for a mandatory [challenger], but also for Triple-G. I mean, Triple-G sells out the biggest arenas in the world, and if we have a proper time to promote and market a fight, nobody does it better than we do with the Triple-G fights. You know, when you can sell out Madison Square Garden twice, with a David Lemieux, with a Danny Jacobs, Derevyanchenko would be a huge fight in Madison Square Garden. So why would you want to shortchange the mandatory challenger and the champion, the unified champion, squeezing a situation like that?”
                      https://www.boxingscene.com/loeffler...-fight--127125

“I respect them and I understand they’re in a jam, but do the right thing and give up your belt. If you don’t wanna fight [Derevyanchenko], it’s OK. Just give up the belt. You’ve got two or three others. You can’t have it both ways.”

Golovkin seemingly wants to fight junior middleweight contender Vanes Martirosyan (36-3-1, 21 KOs), the latest atop a long list of potential replacements for temporarily suspended Canelo Alvarez, and keep his IBF title. Loeffler said Thursday that there isn’t an enough money available from HBO’s license fee for May 5 to properly compensate Golovkin or Derevyanchenko for such a difficult fight on short notice.

Regardless, DiBella and Keith Connolly, Derevyanchenko’s manager, want their fighter to get his title shot May 5. If not, they’re certain that the IBF should strip Golovkin of its 160-pound championship, so that the No. 1-rated Derevyanchenko can at least fight someone else for it.

“Derevyanchenko has instructed me to do whatever needs to be done to protect his rights and to secure his IBF title shot immediately,” Connolly said. “Golovkin is looking for a fight, presumably May 5th, and Sergiy is willing and able to fight. I’m puzzled why Golovkin is saying he can’t find an opponent, when he knows he can easily set up a fight with us and get his mandatory out of the way.”
                      https://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-...f-belt--127122

its utter bullshit and you all know it

Comment

Working...
                      X