No announcement yet.

Who's fault is it GGG got stripped by IBF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    If thats the case then surely you must agree there is only one logical path for the IBF to follow too as they have rules they follow that GGG was aware of yet you oddly put most of the blame on them despite them being reactionary through this whole thing.
    That is NOT the only path to follow, and that sure as hell isn't logical. I'm all for organizations not being corrupt idiots. But have some common fukin sense. They didn't have any common sense when they stripped Fury, and they sure as hell didn't have common sense when they stripped Golovkin.

By the way, please find me a line in the IBF's rules that says they have any right to force mandatories on short notice. Nobody does that, because it's RIDICULOUS.

Stupid **** likes this is what gives us 5 paper champs in the division, creating a clusterfuk and eroding respect for the sport. That's how we end up with imbeciles like Charles Martin holding a 'championship belt'. THAT is why I dislike the decsion.

But still somehow to you this is the IBF's fault & Canelo's fault instead of GGG's for reacting like he did. GGG is just an innocent bystander in life who can do no wrong apparently.
    Dude, stop trying to paint me as some victim blaming Golovkin fanboi. I've **** on Golovkin before, on Sanchez and Loeffler. I've given props to fighters I despise (including Fury, ha), and try to call the truth as I see it.

I don't care who's name is associated with these actions. IBF acted like dumbass robots they are, which will create another paper champion, Canelo got caught pissing dirty 3 months away from the fight, and Golovkin acted the same fuking way every single other fighter in his position would have.

And please note I'm not alone in this opinion. In another thread (dont remember which), you were having an argument with Sun-Tzu who was of a very similar opinion.

Anyway, this argument has gone far enough. Mad love and take it easy.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      That is NOT the only path to follow, and that sure as hell isn't logical.
      So its logical GGG doesn't have to fight his mandatories anymore?

By the way, please find me a line in the IBF's rules that says they have any right to force mandatories on short notice. Nobody does that, because it's RIDICULOUS.
      Quite moving the goalposts to make your victim theory sound better. GGG could have pushed back the May date. Hence no short notice anymore. GGG said he'd fight his Derevyanchenko after he beat Vanes by agreeing to come up with a date within 30 days. He didn't have to fight his mandatory on short notice & you KNOW THIS.

Stupid **** likes this is what gives us 5 paper champs in the division, creating a clusterfuk and eroding respect for the sport. That's how we end up with imbeciles like Charles Martin holding a 'championship belt'. THAT is why I dislike the decsion.
      You're preaching to the choir all these belts are f#cking stupid. That still doesn't make GGG not coloring within the lines not a problem. If a situation is a catch 22, which this one wasn't but lets just say it was, that still means you are forced into making a decision that could eff you & that you & you alone are making.

Anyway, this argument has gone far enough. Mad love and take it easy.
      Fair play. Respect.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        reason was that he just got the wbc belt "upgraded" so technically the IBF was in rotation for th defense since his last one for that belt was dominic wade
        I'm not following... the IBF should have come after the WBC mandatory defense shouldn't it? That's why the Canelo rematch was a mandatory and why the IBF had allowed it next. I'm not sure that Golovkin getting the title outside the ring has a bearing.

The rotation would normally have been:

IBF: Wade
        Voluntary: Brook
        WBA: Jacobs
        Voluntary: Canelo
        WBC: Canelo
        Voluntary: ??
        IBF: Derevyanchenko
        Voluntary: ??
        WBA: Jacobs (or maybe Murata)

I can quite understand the frustration of the IBF at having to wait well over 2 years for their mandatory to get a shot, but when you're dealing with guys who only fight once or twice a year it's kind of inevitable. Best I can tell they figured that by fighting a voluntary instead of his agreed upon WBC mandatory (regardless of the reason) Golovkin was kinda bypassing his WBC mandatory and thus owed them his next fight, although this was never the position taken by the WBC - hence retaining Canelo as mandatory despite his ban and insisting that Golovkin would have to fight Charlo if he couldn't reach an agreement with Canelo. In effect both the IBF and WBC were simultaneously claiming that Golovkin was obliged to fight their mando next.

Comment

Working...
        X