Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Prez: Golovkin Must Accept 57.5-42.5 By Tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golden Boy Prez: Golovkin Must Accept 57.5-42.5 By Tomorrow

BREAKING: Golden Boy Promotions president Eric Gomez told ESPN on Tuesday that the company has issued unified middleweight world champion Gennady Golovkin a firm deadline of 12 p.m. PT on Wednesday to accept the offer they have made for a rematch against Canelo Alvarez on Sept. 15 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Golovkin initially agreed to a 65-35 deal in Alvarez’s favor and then changed his mind and demanded 50-50. Golden Boy eventually relented and upped its offer to 60-40 with GGG countering at 55-45. Gomez said the final offer is a 57½-42½ split in Alvarez’s favor. Gomez said ff Golovkin walks away from the deal he will look to finalize a deal for Alvarez to face Daniel Jacobs on that date instead. “This is final,” Gomez said. “We’ve been through everything. We’ve been through the hoops, the monkey bars, the slides. No more playing games. He has until noon (PT) to accept or walk away. If he walks away, good luck to him.”

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40021943-4

A side can’t wait around forever. Offer isn’t changing and BBB side got his token percentage lift.
    Agree or go fight Charlo on Boxing After Dark.

Comment

Very generous of GDP.

If Golovkin declines, then it's a definite duck in my eyes.

Comment

That’s a good deal

Gennady should jump on that

Comment

If this fight gets made, Saunders ends up looking like an ass.

Maybe Saunders could fight Derevyanchenko and then the winner gets the winner of GGG/Canelo?

Comment

Honestly I'm a die hard ggg fan,and this seems like a pretty good deal tbh.

Comment

Sounds like a really good offer, good for both sides that really need this fight.

Comment

I hope GGG takes the short money and wreck the cheater

Comment

Pathetic tbh. GGG deserves no more then 40% standing alongside the #1 attraction in the sport atm.

Watch GGG get stopped or something, I smell something weird happening. GGG is looking to cash out, his days of a "Killer" are numbered.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                    BREAKING: Golden Boy Promotions president Eric Gomez told ESPN on Tuesday that the company has issued unified middleweight world champion Gennady Golovkin a firm deadline of 12 p.m. PT on Wednesday to accept the offer they have made for a rematch against Canelo Alvarez on Sept. 15 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Golovkin initially agreed to a 65-35 deal in Alvarez’s favor and then changed his mind and demanded 50-50. Golden Boy eventually relented and upped its offer to 60-40 with GGG countering at 55-45. Gomez said the final offer is a 57½-42½ split in Alvarez’s favor. Gomez said ff Golovkin walks away from the deal he will look to finalize a deal for Alvarez to face Daniel Jacobs on that date instead. “This is final,” Gomez said. “We’ve been through everything. We’ve been through the hoops, the monkey bars, the slides. No more playing games. He has until noon (PT) to accept or walk away. If he walks away, good luck to him.”

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40021943-4
                    ... 57½-42½ is more than I expected GBP to offer... I couldn't see them offering more than 37½...

... in case Golovkin doesn't take the fight at this split, he's stupid or doesn't want it at all...

Comment

Working...
                    X