chris mannix on 98.5 in boston...wilder.joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BWC View Post
    They carry the Cs games right?
    correct....sean grande and cedric maxwell do the games....

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
      i dont disagree completely....i just hate this idea that a rematch is a guarantee....

what if AJ beats him by widddeee UD? what if wilder lays joshua out cold?

obviously these guys cant really make more money fighting anyone else...i just hate this idea that a rematch is going to be warranted or have the same interest as the first

what if it doesnt live up to the hype?
      Then it wasnt supposed to be. **** fight and Wilder wins he'll still be instant PPV in the US. Joshua wins he carries on as he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        Then it wasnt supposed to be. **** fight and Wilder wins he'll still be instant PPV in the US. Joshua wins he carries on as he is.
        joshua can carry on as is...but the interest will probably be a little less seeing as how wilder is considered probably the only legit threat ....if wilder wins he becomes a ppv star but against who? there isnt anything interesting left for either of them...unless gassiev or usyk make the move and take a fight or two at HW.....

joshua can carry on and make money with a win...but it wont be much more than what hes doing now really IMO

i just dont see these guys getting a ton of interest against anyone else.....an easy win for either guy will sort of be a letdown....at least IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
          its got to make you wonder though....i mean....the fight would make more in the US...so joshua is leaving money on the table for everyone here....and u wonder why? its not like wilder would hold some massive hometown advantage....and its not like the crowd is likely to be some huge factor...the brits travel and very well might outnumber those rooting for wilder with ease....ive seen the UK crowds in vegas firsthand....

it just makes me wonder

i mean...i never heard people making the excuse "he fights at home because he can" for andre ward....now obviously we arent talking the same level of event and money.....but ward never really had to leave his comforts but also never had a problem getting a fight made....but his detractors always said "ward dont have a passport"....aj willing to rematch wlad in vegas..willing to fight miller in bk.

Comment

Generally speaking for a really big fight it is always going to fail the first time really trying to make it because it just works better that way. A big fight sells itself but if they don't make it then people are talking about it until it happens and it is given more time to sell itself.

The dilemma I think for team Joshua is Wilder is thirsty for this fight and is willing to take an offer for less than he should take and will likely never come this cheap again.
            Last edited by The Gambler1981; 06-12-2018, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Actually had a guy at works say to me this morning "those 2 heavyweights are gonna fight, ha?"
              Closest I've ever come to some casual dude at work being interested in boxing except for that ****show May-Mac.

Not exactly setting the world on fire but at least the word is getting out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                Actually had a guy at works say to me this morning "those 2 heavyweights are gonna fight, ha?"
                Closest I've ever come to some casual dude at work being interested in boxing except for that ****show May-Mac.

Not exactly setting the world on fire but at least the word is getting out there.
                same here man...yesterday, a good friend of mine who i would describe as a "casual" IM'd me at work in the morning "joshua -200 eh"?

Comment

Working...
                X