No announcement yet.

chris mannix on 98.5 in boston...wilder.joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    Yeah, you're probably right. With Hayward back we may make the finals anyway next year especially when Lebron heads to the western conference.
    mannix actually said last week he thought celts might be faves anyway with kyrie and hawyard back(obviously that means reduced minutes for a few others but thats 45 pts a game coming back)...he said some he talked to around the league agreed....celts are in a way modeled after GS with positionless basketball....."we" could make the finals even if lebron stayed in the east

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
      better off with the current roster than breaking it up for lebron
      Brad Stevens doesn't want that headache, I promise you.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        those who know mannix know hes an nba/boxing guy....he was talking about this fight a month or so during the nba playoffs when he was a guest(hes a regular guest)....this time they brought him in specifically to talk about the fight mostly while sprinking in a little bit of nba offseason talk

he summarized at the end "the things im seeing and hearing from joshuas side lead me to believe that povetkin is still the main target for september"

not sure how well connected he is...he might just be guessing..but he seemed a bit hesitant to act as if its a done deal for sure
        I like Mannix a lot actually. 98.5 is the best sports station in Boston so if its on their radar then yes it seems to be gaining steam..

I'm thinking this fight is going down Spring/Summer 2019

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
          Brad Stevens doesn't want that headache, I promise you.
          agreed...once you bring lebron on you negate pretty much everything else....its lebrons way and u might as well let maverick carter or rich paul coach the team at that point

saw an interesting stat from the finals....i think it was something like the first 3 games....lebron had 26 possessions with curry as his primary defender...basically where lebron calls for a screen where it demands curry switches off on to him.....most of these possession were late in the games.....lebron 0-5...0 points...didnt even draw a shooting foul....lebron averaging 37 a game in the finals but couldnt score on GS's worst defensive guy

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
            I like Mannix a lot actually. 98.5 is the best sports station in Boston so if its on their radar then yes it seems to be gaining steam..

I'm thinking this fight is going down Spring/Summer 2019
            im thinking the same....although id like it ASAP...i already started looking at flights out of logan today...can get some round trips for $500

FYI...i actually cant stand felger and mazz tho...i actually had the tv broadcast on and i dont even know why...i loathe both of them

Comment

ya man...i really dont wanna see the fight! i want it so bad i actually dont want it! lol...

i want the fight ...ive done wanted it to be signed already...im just noting that a credentialed boxing writer who is also a reputable nba guy also said he believed povetkin was still the main target and wasnt so sure this was a done deal......

just goes to show you though...the fight is getting a ton of hype and steam...if they are talking about it more than once on boston radio station twice in a month.....i think this fight would have been a good success in the US..leaving some money on the table with AJ swalling his passport
              As long as it lives up to the hype it makes more sense to do the first in the UK. 2nd fight will be massive, instead of going 1st into the US unsure if they can get the most out of PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                As long as it lives up to the hype it makes more sense to do the first in the UK. 2nd fight will be massive, instead of going 1st into the US unsure if they can get the most out of PPV.
                i dont disagree completely....i just hate this idea that a rematch is a guarantee....

what if AJ beats him by widddeee UD? what if wilder lays joshua out cold?

obviously these guys cant really make more money fighting anyone else...i just hate this idea that a rematch is going to be warranted or have the same interest as the first

what if it doesnt live up to the hype?

Comment

im thinking the same....although id like it ASAP...i already started looking at flights out of logan today...can get some round trips for $500

FYI...i actually cant stand felger and mazz tho...i actually had the tv broadcast on and i dont even know why...i loathe both of them
                  I'm a Celtics fan in Phoenix and people always hate bad on Felger on CB and the like. I don't know anything about him but at least he's talking boxing I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
                    I'm a Celtics fan in Phoenix and people always hate bad on Felger on CB and the like. I don't know anything about him but at least he's talking boxing I guess..
                    felger is a douche...and his cohost isnt any better....most of boston sports radio is "throw everything against a wall and something will stick" and them basically trying to act holier than the fans....which is sometimes warranted because some of the callers are real beauties!

Comment

felger is a douche...and his cohost isnt any better....most of boston sports radio is "throw everything against a wall and something will stick" and them basically trying to act holier than the fans....which is sometimes warranted because some of the callers are real beauties!
                      They carry the Cs games right?

Comment

Working...
                      X